Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    I have a feeling seton hall is going to be one and done in the tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Ditto, I have no hope for Seton Hall. I'd like to see Creighton break through to the Sweet 16 this year, though. Maybe get Nova and Creighton in the Sweet 16 and see if someone else can go on a run (hopefully X).

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Totally agree. They are starting to feel like frauds who will be in a tight game with a 14/15 seed until Powell goes ballistic for a 3 minute stretch and then get beat soundly in round 2.

I have no faith in them or Creighton until I see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Totally agree. They are starting to feel like frauds who will be in a tight game with a 14/15 seed until Powell goes ballistic for a 3 minute stretch and then get beat soundly in round 2.

I have no faith in them or Creighton until I see it happen.
    The problem with a lot of teams in the Big East is that they are all so heavily reliant on the the 3 ball going down and if it doesn’t they are screwed. That’s one thing for Xavier is that they obviously don’t have to rely on the 3 ball. Last year in the tourney in the 4 losses the first weekend, the Big East teams combined for 36 of 127 threes for 28%.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    The problem with a lot of teams in the Big East is that they are all so heavily reliant on the the 3 ball going down and if it doesn’t they are screwed. That’s one thing for Xavier is that they obviously don’t have to rely on the 3 ball. Last year in the tourney in the 4 losses the first weekend, the Big East teams combined for 36 of 127 threes for 28%.
    In the game yesterday, Georgetown was 10-15 on 3’s while Butler was 9-32. G-town took 17 less 3’s and made one more. Believe this is also your case and point.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    In the game yesterday, Georgetown was 10-15 on 3’s while Butler was 9-32. G-town took 17 less 3’s and made one more. Believe this is also your case and point.
    Yep. It’s crazy when teams keep hoisting them up. If it’s not falling, get it inside. Problem is that teams like Butler, Marquette, and Creighton don’t have much inside they can pound it into when you have to. I think teams have figured Butler out. Don’t let Baldwin get in the lane and to the basket. Lay off of him and make him a jump shooter and if he hits a bunch of threes oh well. He’s a 31% three point shooter over his last two years and only 41% on 2’s this year, because of how teams are now guarding him. He has to get the basket to be successful.

Sophomore
    Butler was missing Thompson. He’s probably their most important player. It’s not a coincidence that our comeback started immediately after he went down

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Butler was missing Thompson. He’s probably their most important player. It’s not a coincidence that our comeback started immediately after he went down
    Maybe but the guy can’t shoot. They hoisted 32 threes. Georgetown has 5 scholarship players available. Butler has not played all that well for a while. Blown out at DePaul and have now lost to Providence and Georgetown at home in the past two weeks. They still have to go to Seton Hall, Creighton and Xavier.

Also Butler’s two big men were 4 for 4 on the day. How can you hoist 32 three’s and only get 4 shots from you post players? That’s just bad coaching in my opinion. Georgetown basically had two big’s that could defend the post and one is a walk-on that had played in a total of 4 games and 10 minutes all year before yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    The problem is that they seem to think that they do.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.