Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naji Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    We need more production from other guys.
    See, Jason Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Naji was just incredible and totally locked in on both sides of the floor. Five, count 'em...FIVE steals!!.
    I think the aggressiveness he showed on steals was something the Bearcats didn't expect. And it makes sense because Mack used to publicly say he didn't coach the type of defense that tried to force steals. Steele seems to be shaking things up on that side of the ball.

But I was surprised a lot of those Marshall steals weren't called for reach ins. Once he got away with the first couple he was smart to keep trying, as refs always say they'll call things evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    See, Jason Carter.
    Carter is playing hard. His offensive game isn't clicking. I don't think he's going to score like he did in the MAC. Plus he's going to get less shots.........I am surprised that he's missing so badly from 3.....

I think he will find his game and be a reliable 10-12 PPG scorer by mid January.

If we can get 5 points and 4 assists with 0 turnovers from Carter, I'm content with that. If he keeps that up, he and Naj give us two high-level distributors from the forward positions.
    Joel
    Banners on the Parkway - XU on SBN (Formerly Xavier Examiner)

There is value in everyone knowing who the best scorer on the floor is.
    Run the table.

The team we're seeing now is absolutely not the team we're going to be seeing in mid-Feb. I don't know how many times it has to play out for people to stop worrying about that happens in Nov and Dec.

I can almost GUARANTEE that what we're seeing from Carter right now is FOR SURE not going to be what we see from that kid by the time the regular season is over with.

I'm sorry, but some of you need to get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    The team we're seeing now is absolutely not the team we're going to be seeing in mid-Feb. I don't know how many times it has to play out for people to stop worrying about that happens in Nov and Dec.

I can almost GUARANTEE that what we're seeing from Carter right now is FOR SURE not going to be what we see from that kid by the time the regular season is over with.

Totally agree. I hope Carter gets it together on offense sooner than later, but there is no reason to think that he can't get it together. He doesn't need to be a huge scorer, he just needs to be a threat. He will probably have a couple games where we need him and he drops 20-24.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post

Are you saying that "A season is a lifetime?"
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    "The team we're seeing now is absolutely not the team we're going to be seeing in mid-Feb. I don't know how many times it has to play out for people to stop worrying about that happens in Nov and Dec.

I'm sorry, but some of you need to get a grip. "

Exactly! We never learn.... Wait till next year when the team is dominated by Sophs and Frosh...

Supporting Member
    I think it is one thing if we were losing because the expectation is making the tourney every year and If you lose too much in november/december, then you are playing catchup too much (see last year). Yet, there are people on here complaining and we are winning. The team at worst is going to be 11-2 heading to conference play, top 30 kenpom ranking etc. Time to enjoy the winning.