Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    2nd week in a row that they were playing there, it’s an 8-9 hour drive on the same day and same time as the crosstown shootout, for a game where they were a 9 point underdog. UC just had the highest season attendance for football that they have ever had. Can’t really justify your statement based on the #of tickets they sold for that event through the UC ticket office. I’ve seen a lot of “sold out” games at Cintas where there were a lot of people dressed up as empty seats. But I wouldn’t use that as a reason to say that X people “don’t give a shit”. There are more people that saw UC play football at Nippert this year than will see X play at Cintas, and in only 1/3rd the number of games.
    lot of excuses for sending two buses of people to your conference championship game

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    My wife and I were commuters, and also class of ‘80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I commuted my freshman year...from Brockman.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I visited the UC Board to get their reaction to the CS. It's about as consistent as anything could be.

A sample:

Good luck with the nasty cocky stuck up pieces of shit fans.

Xavier has been our performing us at everything for 10 years.
    (A moment of truth).

That’s the last time I step foot in Cintas.Guys behind us talked ***** the entire game. ..Lol that’s every Xavier fan ever. They’re a bunch of overconfident pussies.

They all chose to spend 40,000 a year to attend a community college who sponsors one major sport and has never won anything significant in said sport.

I don’t think X fans will ever get that chip off their shoulder. They are so scarred from all the abuse UC fans used to give them about being ‘little brother’ and how they were small time, that now that they’ve elevated their program to a premier league they can’t handle it. Still overcompensating after all these years.

I was there for a high school game a few years back and everyone told me to go to Dana’s? I think it was called. It was quite literally the worst establishment I’ve ever been in. Smelled like complete **** was dirty as hell and there was more stuff written about UC on the walls than Xavier. And that was supposed to be one of their best bars. Lol place is pathetic

As many of you know, I HATE THE CROSSTOWN SHOOTOUT. I cannot stand Xavier, I cannot stand losing to Xavier, I cannot stand any basket they make...

Dana's might be the among the most improbable bars I have come across. Catering to a school with under 7,000 students. 2/3 of which are underage. Lots of commuters. Only one sport with any attendance. Unwalkable area. Whoever owns that must be working there ALL THE TIME to keep the doors open. The guy is probably making $5 an hour when you do the math. Gotta be a labor of love for someone because that forlorn ********* definitely doesn't fit any definition of viable business. That said, if it weren't a fecal X bar, I might actually like the place and go there every once in a while - I like hitting a dank, crappy dive every now and then.

History repeats itself and a Decades old **** Whoppin in headed to Blue and white A Hole Heaven.

Hey, did you guys know that, according to the braintrust in Clifton, Xavier is a community college and commuter school?

I love it when we beat them now, coming from the Big East, with them stuck in the AAC. It has to be painful for them. It has to be hell, knowing they are the true commuter school with a money-losing athletic program that desperately wants to be somewhere else, now consistently losing most of the time to their small in-city rival. Maybe we should work on that issue of being nasty cocky stuck up pieces of shit fans.

That is one sad fan base over there.
    Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

Listening on the way home yesterday to "sports report" which started off by bemoaning the bearcats two losses over the weekend.....BUT,
    They spent almost a minute after that gushing over the UC Women's volleyball team winning a tournament game and going to the sweet sixteen.

So, that's what they're throwing in our face.

Take that Muskie fans!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    You mean WLW bemoaning that it was a bad weekend locally because of that and some other local team? It was the perfect weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    CWeez was totally “On Deem” that day and last Saturday as well. What a great time with him!
    Just a heads up, it’s “On Deam”....gotta add the “A”. I know this because Weez told me so. He’s a righteous dude, all the kids love him.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Nuke Freemantle announces his presence in the Crosstown Shootout with authority.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    2nd week in a row that they were playing there, it’s an 8-9 hour drive on the same day and same time as the crosstown shootout, for a game where they were a 9 point underdog. UC just had the highest season attendance for football that they have ever had. Can’t really justify your statement based on the #of tickets they sold for that event through the UC ticket office. I’ve seen a lot of “sold out” games at Cintas where there were a lot of people dressed up as empty seats. But I wouldn’t use that as a reason to say that X people “don’t give a shit”. There are more people that saw UC play football at Nippert this year than will see X play at Cintas, and in only 1/3rd the number of games.
    I'm sorry, are you arguing that UC football doesnt have an attendance issue?

Even UC football people would disagree with you.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    There are more people that saw UC play football at Nippert this year than will see X play at Cintas, and in only 1/3rd the number of games.
    With 4 times the capacity.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I'm sorry, are you arguing that UC football doesnt have an attendance issue?

Even UC football people would disagree with you.
    A....this isn’t the place to have this discussion, it should be moved to another section and separate thread...this the thread is about the CT shootout game
    B...if you want to discuss it separately, I would be willing to do so, but I’m not going to argue about it. That’s senseless
    C...if it makes you feel better to have the last word...let it lie You’re right, I’m wrong. There...feel better now?