Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I don't know that I'd go that far. Much, much improved from what we're used to - absolutely.

But we're not in Virginia's territory.
    Sure, but for what it's worth, the gap in the KenPom defensive rankings from #1 Virginia to #2 OSU is almost as wide as the gap between OSU and #17 Xavier. Virginia is ridiculous (although their offense is 124th, about as bad as X's defense was last season).

Happy Post ShootOut!
    This is Musing Monday, with thoughts on the Muskies win over Clifton Community College! What a day that will live in Famousness.
    -The day started at (where else) Dana Gardens with a superb encounter with The Weez himself- CJ Anderson. The one in the same CJ who scored 17 points & 11 rebounds AT uc in the 2008 Shootout that XU won 76-66. CWeez was totally “On Deam” that day and last Saturday as well. What a great time with him!
    -Upon entering Cintas Center, it appeared a little more crowded than usual. Welp, XU somehow did shoehorn 10,811 folks in there for a new record crowd.
    - Naji Marshall was superhuman all day on both sides of the ball. Played 39 minutes, had 31 points, 8 rebounds and incredibly FIVE STEALS including multiple floor burns. It may have been the most “Carry the team to a Shootout Win”’game since King Cobra Bob Quick scored 40 of Xavier’s 72 points in a 72-71 win on March 5, 1968 AT CCC’s Armory Fieldhouse.
    -Zach Freemantle saved the frontline with 20 quality minutes & 9 points/4 rebounds. That kid was ready for the bright lights.
    -Xavier played its most complete basketball game of the year and the first 10 minutes of the second half showed what this team is capable of- taking a 3 point halftime lead to a 16 point lead. Sticky defense, good ball sharing and aggressive play. Hope we can bottle that.
    -At the end Xavier has returned to its rightful place of KINGS OF THE QUEEN CITY!!
    -But that’s not all. Coach Steele then decided to earn legend status by taking his family to Dana Gardens, plopping down $1,000 and buying drinks for the building. If you aren’t all I’m on this guy now, between that and the team game he coached on Saturday, there is nothing anyone can tell you.
    It was a fantastic day shared with old friends and Xavier Nation. Xavier is now 24-17 vs the Borecats since Bob Staak awakened the Sleeping Giant. 41 years of righteousness.
    A week off to rest, regroup and handle exams then big games upcoming.
    GO X!!!
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 12-11-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

According to US News and World Report...

49% of Xavier students live on campus

24% of University of Cincinnati students live on campus

Commuter School Who?

But as I was a commuter to Xavier while my time there.......what’s wrong with being a commuter?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    According to US News and World Report...

49% of Xavier students live on campus

24% of University of Cincinnati students live on campus

Commuter School Who?

But as I was a commuter to Xavier while my time there.......what’s wrong with being a commuter?
    My wife and I were commuters, and also class of ‘80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I visited the UC Board to get their reaction to the CS. It's about as consistent as anything could be.

A sample:

Good luck with the nasty cocky stuck up pieces of shit fans.

Xavier has been our performing us at everything for 10 years.
    (A moment of truth).

That’s the last time I step foot in Cintas.Guys behind us talked ***** the entire game. ..Lol that’s every Xavier fan ever. They’re a bunch of overconfident pussies.

They all chose to spend 40,000 a year to attend a community college who sponsors one major sport and has never won anything significant in said sport.

I don’t think X fans will ever get that chip off their shoulder. They are so scarred from all the abuse UC fans used to give them about being ‘little brother’ and how they were small time, that now that they’ve elevated their program to a premier league they can’t handle it. Still overcompensating after all these years.

I was there for a high school game a few years back and everyone told me to go to Dana’s? I think it was called. It was quite literally the worst establishment I’ve ever been in. Smelled like complete **** was dirty as hell and there was more stuff written about UC on the walls than Xavier. And that was supposed to be one of their best bars. Lol place is pathetic

As many of you know, I HATE THE CROSSTOWN SHOOTOUT. I cannot stand Xavier, I cannot stand losing to Xavier, I cannot stand any basket they make...

Dana's might be the among the most improbable bars I have come across. Catering to a school with under 7,000 students. 2/3 of which are underage. Lots of commuters. Only one sport with any attendance. Unwalkable area. Whoever owns that must be working there ALL THE TIME to keep the doors open. The guy is probably making $5 an hour when you do the math. Gotta be a labor of love for someone because that forlorn ********* definitely doesn't fit any definition of viable business. That said, if it weren't a fecal X bar, I might actually like the place and go there every once in a while - I like hitting a dank, crappy dive every now and then.

History repeats itself and a Decades old **** Whoppin in headed to Blue and white A Hole Heaven.

Hey, did you guys know that, according to the braintrust in Clifton, Xavier is a community college and commuter school?

I love it when we beat them now, coming from the Big East, with them stuck in the AAC. It has to be painful for them. It has to be hell, knowing they are the true commuter school with a money-losing athletic program that desperately wants to be somewhere else, now consistently losing most of the time to their small in-city rival. Maybe we should work on that issue of being nasty cocky stuck up pieces of shit fans.

That is one sad fan base over there.
    It's also a fanbase that thinks that their bowl game is being played in an area that's less secure than Baghdad.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    My wife and I were commuters, and also class of ‘80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is nothing wrong with it. Their fans are attempting to make it a negative.

They attempted it while being more “guilty” of it than X, which makes them look pretty foolish.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    It's also a fanbase that thinks that their bowl game is being played in an area that's less secure than Baghdad.
    whenever they say "atleast we have football" just remember that they sold 110 tickets to their conference championship game being played in memphis. they don't give a shit either

"On Deem" !!!

(had totally forgot about that)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    whenever they say "atleast we have football" just remember that they sold 110 tickets to their conference championship game being played in memphis. they don't give a shit either
    2nd week in a row that they were playing there, it’s an 8-9 hour drive on the same day and same time as the crosstown shootout, for a game where they were a 9 point underdog. UC just had the highest season attendance for football that they have ever had. Can’t really justify your statement based on the #of tickets they sold for that event through the UC ticket office. I’ve seen a lot of “sold out” games at Cintas where there were a lot of people dressed up as empty seats. But I wouldn’t use that as a reason to say that X people “don’t give a shit”. There are more people that saw UC play football at Nippert this year than will see X play at Cintas, and in only 1/3rd the number of games.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 12-09-2019 at 10:29 PM.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...re/2613309001/

Happened to catch that article in the online ENQUIRER. Performance based budgeting can be hell, obviously especially when the performance isn’t there.

More “winning”. UC was desperate for a P5 invite. The AAC and budget games. Damn shame.
    X A V I E R