Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    We look like an elite defensive team right now.
    I don't know that I'd go that far. Much, much improved from what we're used to - absolutely.

But we're not in Virginia's territory.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Didnt get a chance to post or read this thread at all, just have one thing to say:

LETS FREAKING GO! Always enjoy beating sUCks!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Another win in the books vs UC.

This team is very close to being undefeated - had we not played a multiple-OT game the day before I think we very likely would have beaten Florida. We look like an elite defensive team right now. The offense is definitely inconsistent, particularly from deep, but we don't need to be a great offensive unit this year to have a heck of a season. We just have to be good and let the defense carry us like so many of the better Sean Miller era teams.
    Whoa there Boozehound. Depaul also is close to undefeated and has beaten a couple of B-10 teams as well as Boston College, I like your enthusiasm but take a deep breath. We ain't there yet.

I visited the UC Board to get their reaction to the CS. It's about as consistent as anything could be.

A sample:

Good luck with the nasty cocky stuck up pieces of shit fans.

Xavier has been our performing us at everything for 10 years.
    (A moment of truth).

That’s the last time I step foot in Cintas.Guys behind us talked ***** the entire game. ..Lol that’s every Xavier fan ever. They’re a bunch of overconfident pussies.

They all chose to spend 40,000 a year to attend a community college who sponsors one major sport and has never won anything significant in said sport.

I don’t think X fans will ever get that chip off their shoulder. They are so scarred from all the abuse UC fans used to give them about being ‘little brother’ and how they were small time, that now that they’ve elevated their program to a premier league they can’t handle it. Still overcompensating after all these years.

I was there for a high school game a few years back and everyone told me to go to Dana’s? I think it was called. It was quite literally the worst establishment I’ve ever been in. Smelled like complete **** was dirty as hell and there was more stuff written about UC on the walls than Xavier. And that was supposed to be one of their best bars. Lol place is pathetic

As many of you know, I HATE THE CROSSTOWN SHOOTOUT. I cannot stand Xavier, I cannot stand losing to Xavier, I cannot stand any basket they make...

Dana's might be the among the most improbable bars I have come across. Catering to a school with under 7,000 students. 2/3 of which are underage. Lots of commuters. Only one sport with any attendance. Unwalkable area. Whoever owns that must be working there ALL THE TIME to keep the doors open. The guy is probably making $5 an hour when you do the math. Gotta be a labor of love for someone because that forlorn ********* definitely doesn't fit any definition of viable business. That said, if it weren't a fecal X bar, I might actually like the place and go there every once in a while - I like hitting a dank, crappy dive every now and then.

History repeats itself and a Decades old **** Whoppin in headed to Blue and white A Hole Heaven.

Hey, did you guys know that, according to the braintrust in Clifton, Xavier is a community college and commuter school?

I love it when we beat them now, coming from the Big East, with them stuck in the AAC. It has to be painful for them. It has to be hell, knowing they are the true commuter school with a money-losing athletic program that desperately wants to be somewhere else, now consistently losing most of the time to their small in-city rival. Maybe we should work on that issue of being nasty cocky stuck up pieces of shit fans.

That is one sad fan base over there.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I was sweating out the 5.5 points I gave this morning.... but the game was never in doubt the last 4 minutes
    I wanted to jump all over it when I saw it down to 5.5 but I didnt want a possible non cover to ruin any excitement I had of X winning the game so I stayed away.

Plus I am not very good at objectively betting X anyway, specifically when it comes to playing UC.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Whoa there Boozehound. Depaul also is close to undefeated and has beaten a couple of B-10 teams as well as Boston College, I like your enthusiasm but take a deep breath. We ain't there yet.
    We’re also very close to having three to four losses

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I visited the UC Board to get their reaction to the CS. It's about as consistent as anything could be.

A sample:

Good luck with the nasty cocky stuck up pieces of shit fans.

Xavier has been our performing us at everything for 10 years.
    (A moment of truth).

That’s the last time I step foot in Cintas.Guys behind us talked ***** the entire game. ..Lol that’s every Xavier fan ever. They’re a bunch of overconfident pussies.

They all chose to spend 40,000 a year to attend a community college who sponsors one major sport and has never won anything significant in said sport.

I don’t think X fans will ever get that chip off their shoulder. They are so scarred from all the abuse UC fans used to give them about being ‘little brother’ and how they were small time, that now that they’ve elevated their program to a premier league they can’t handle it. Still overcompensating after all these years.

I was there for a high school game a few years back and everyone told me to go to Dana’s? I think it was called. It was quite literally the worst establishment I’ve ever been in. Smelled like complete **** was dirty as hell and there was more stuff written about UC on the walls than Xavier. And that was supposed to be one of their best bars. Lol place is pathetic

As many of you know, I HATE THE CROSSTOWN SHOOTOUT. I cannot stand Xavier, I cannot stand losing to Xavier, I cannot stand any basket they make...

Dana's might be the among the most improbable bars I have come across. Catering to a school with under 7,000 students. 2/3 of which are underage. Lots of commuters. Only one sport with any attendance. Unwalkable area. Whoever owns that must be working there ALL THE TIME to keep the doors open. The guy is probably making $5 an hour when you do the math. Gotta be a labor of love for someone because that forlorn ********* definitely doesn't fit any definition of viable business. That said, if it weren't a fecal X bar, I might actually like the place and go there every once in a while - I like hitting a dank, crappy dive every now and then.

History repeats itself and a Decades old **** Whoppin in headed to Blue and white A Hole Heaven.

Hey, did you guys know that, according to the braintrust in Clifton, Xavier is a community college and commuter school?

I love it when we beat them now, coming from the Big East, with them stuck in the AAC. It has to be painful for them. It has to be hell, knowing they are the true commuter school with a money-losing athletic program that desperately wants to be somewhere else, now consistently losing most of the time to their small in-city rival. Maybe we should work on that issue of being nasty cocky stuck up pieces of shit fans.

That is one sad fan base over there.
    The cope is real

Quote Originally Posted by Cincypunk.org View Post
    I feel like Q made drive and dunks like that all the time his frosh and soph years. How come we never see it anymore!?!?!
    Because we dont have Tre, JP, and Kaiser on the 3 point line.

Teams have been packing the paint on us since last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    As much as I enjoyed the W over the Buttcats yesterday, I was surprised to see Steele shrink the bench as much as he did. Where was KyKy and Bishop? Why isn't Freemantle playing more?!? Get Ramsey in there for him to experience the live action firsthand. The young kids need on-court experience...get them in there for a couple minutes. That's my only gripe.
    Freemantle played 20 mins yesterday. How much do you want him to play?

I did hear they are working on him and Jones together in the lineup at time, similar to Hankins last year, but as of now the more he plays, the less Jones plays.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOHTX View Post
    I don't think the Shootout is the game to get minutes for young players.
    Yes, that is a upper classman game. That is why Freemantle's play yesterday is so exciting.

Anyone remember Tre's freshman shootout? He hit the big winning FT's but those were his only points.