Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    I'm late to the party but what a day! Wrapped up the basement renovation, baptized the little one and a Crosstown win. What a game for Naji and hope we can build off this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Naji was so good he even brought LadyMuskie back to post.

Steele heading to Dana’s to buy drinks is the cherry on top! What a night....
    I think that's become tradition, I was at Dana's when Mack did that after the Crosstown shootout as well.

After watching on replay one thing that struck me (besides how much UC sucks) was the leaderships on the Xavier side. As good as Cumberland is, and the television broadcast team bent over backwards to make excuses for his play, it was during one of his free throws that Freemantle was subbing in for Tyrique after the first FF that Tyrique was at the table coaching up a Freemantle before he came in. When they talk about Jones being the heart and soul of this team, I do not think that is hyperbole (which so much ob broadcasting is).

These are some of the little things I like seeing that sets this team apart from today's opponent. That and the fact that we kicked their ass!
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 12-08-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    After watching on replay one thing that struck me (besides how much UC sucks) was the leaderships on the Xavier side. As good as Cumberland is, and the television broadcast team bent over backwards to make excuses for his play, it was during one of his free throws that Freemantle was subbing in for Tyrique after the first FF that Tyrique was at the table coaching up a Freemantle before he came in. When they talk about Jones being the heart and soul of this team, I do not think that is hyperbole (which so much ob broadcasting is).

These are some of the little things I like seeing that sets this team apart from today's exponent. That and the fact that we kicked their ass!
    Yup, with ya there, this team definitely plays for each other, and have bought into that. Said it before but, saw it with Naji picking up Tyrique and Paul after Florida, and you see it in little instances like that. Maybe that Spain trip really did help build chemistry, but they definitely will put everything on the line for each other, and that's something you love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    a bad last minute reminiscent of the Creighton (win) a few years ago that I watched at work and we could not get it in a number of times but somehow won. That must be a point of focus on this otherwise good game. Thank God we won. Naj showed me something today on defense, rebounding and of course offense. Big East Had a big day with Creighton, St Johns (not bad), Butler(very good), Villanova and of course Xavier. Will be a fun year and we will lose some we think we should have won and (hopefully) the other way as well.
    Just got home from celebrating and seeing tons of UC fans. I was happy to say X is the better school. They were not happy with me. I also watched a gritty Marquette team fight off Kansas St. at K State. Perfect day for BE.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yup, with ya there, this team definitely plays for each other, and have bought into that. Said it before but, saw it with Naji picking up Tyrique and Paul after Florida, and you see it in little instances like that. Maybe that Spain trip really did help build chemistry, but they definitely will put everything on the line for each other, and that's something you love to see.
    Nice post!

I don’t get the KyKy hype. He is perhaps 4/15 from the field. He needs another month of practice to learn the defense and offensive sets. He knows one thing and that “I’m launching so many bad shots”
    I’ll give him a frosh break but this walk on water guy can’t be relied on yet. He might show something in January. So far he is a young Stanley Burrell with lots of hype from those who saw his high school YouTube clips.
    Fremantle deserves all the pt. Steele says he is finding ways to play him and Tyrique at the same time. Carter needs to come off the bench. Carter did have assists but yikes he can’t finish a layup,

Oh sorry to be a wet blanket but UC’s coach was irresponsible for playing an injured Cumberland. He needs a month of rest to heal up. Yesterday’s game didn’t help his return

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Even if he immediately turned around he would not have caught up.... I’m ok with the flex, it was a badass dunk.
    I feel like Q made drive and dunks like that all the time his frosh and soph years. How come we never see it anymore!?!?!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I don’t get the KyKy hype. He is perhaps 4/15 from the field. He needs another month of practice to learn the defense and offensive sets. He knows one thing and that “I’m launching so many bad shots”
    I’ll give him a frosh break but this walk on water guy can’t be relied on yet. He might show something in January. So far he is a young Stanley Burrell with lots of hype from those who saw his high school YouTube clips.
    Fremantle deserves all the pt. Steele says he is finding ways to play him and Tyrique at the same time. Carter needs to come off the bench. Carter did have assists but yikes he can’t finish a layup,
    I saw him live in high school several times. He is really damn good, but he is alo not a top 10 recruit that is going to come in and destroy the big east, and do you not remember hes been out for months? Remember tu struggled his freshman year. Kyky is going to be a damn good one.