Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Disagree. Boise would have been #3 if they hadn't choked against Nevada. This is pre-playoff, of course, but I still think it would have played out.
    I think the way the BCS formula worked and the way the current CFP committee works there is no way they leave out at minimum 2 of the P5 conferences for a team outside of the P5.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Ok, slow week. Just caught this in the online ENQUIRER and decided to put it here, since it is UC related:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...re/2613309001/

Performance-based budgeting. Don't hit your revenue targets? Fine, we'll convert the "gap" to debt you owe the school.

On the one hand, I have to believe that UC is generally financially stable. On the other hand, their losing run at a P5 invite and some other decisions they've made certainly don't seem to have added to the overall vibrancy of the academic product. Cutting teaching salaries at all levels - professors, adjuncts and grad assistants - would seem to be an eventual road to hell in my book.
    Blocked by the paywall. Whatever...
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Just a heads up, it’s “On Deam”....gotta add the “A”. I know this because Weez told me so. He’s a righteous dude, all the kids love him.
    Dammit!! That is true!!

I'm Off Deam!!!

One last thing about the Shootout.

This was probably the first time in over 50 years that I didn't have a point of hate on Clifton Community College. There was always somebody- player, coach, just someone to get my juices flowing.
    Can't really hate Brannen. Don't know if he's the right guy, but time will tell. He doesn't seem to be getting the Xavier quality of recruits though. Cumberland isn't hateable. Keith Williams started out to be a villian by trolling the X bench after his first 3, but was quickly silenced.

There was just no slimy Gale Catlett, BeelzeBob, YTG, Andy "Racially assault a cab driver" Kennedy, "free roof" Bob Goin, Lance Stephenson, or any other miscreants to hate. It was weird for me. But....the result was cool.

I think Clifton Community is in trouble.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 12-11-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Can't really hate Brannen. Don't know if he's the right guy, but time will tell. He doesn't seem to be getting the Xavier quality of recruits though.
    Four of his recruits are people XU offered and recruited. Harvey, Davenport, and the Madsen brothers.

Freshman point guard Mika Adams-Woods looked pretty confident in a big shootout game, given his experience level. 21 minutes. 10 points and 3 rebounds. He's starting to get more significant playing time over grad transfer McNeal, who only played 16 minutes, although he started.

Davenport played 4 inconsequential minutes. Harvey didn't play. Not sure why, but I suspect he's like Cumberland where he's used to being ball dominant and is still adjusting to how Brannen wants to run the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Four of his recruits are people XU offered and recruited. Harvey, Davenport, and the Madsen brothers.

Freshman point guard Mika Adams-Woods looked pretty confident in a big shootout game, given his experience level. 21 minutes. 10 points and 3 rebounds. He's starting to get more significant playing time over grad transfer McNeal, who only played 16 minutes, although he started.

Davenport played 4 inconsequential minutes. Harvey didn't play. Not sure why, but I suspect he's like Cumberland where he's used to being ball dominant and is still adjusting to how Brannen wants to run the offense.
    Those 4 guys were back up plans for Xavier. He didn't really beat X out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Those 4 guys were back up plans for Xavier. He didn't really beat X out for them.
    Okay, if you think a top 50 recruit is a backup plan, fine.

I think Steele really wanted Gabe Madsen, but was not as keen to take Mason Madsen. They said they weren't a package deal, but when Cincy offered both they went for it.

I think Steele really wanted Gabe Madsen, but was not as keen to take Mason Madsen. They said they weren't a package deal, but when Cincy offered both they went for it.
    As I’ve said before, I will not criticize UC for taking a risk with Harvey (ranked around 50). However, X decided to take a pass on him after he approached us on his reclassification for whatever reason. As for Gabe, X really liked him as you said, but after Colby committed, there wasn’t a real need for him at his position.

Gabe is 141 on 247 and 187 in their composite. Where are you getting top 50?

Colby Jones committed on 8/14 and Madsen committed on 8/31. And also on 8/21 Brian Snow wrote on 247 that Xavier was recruiting but "is no longer involved."

EDIT: If you're referring to Harvey, X was recruiting him but definitely backed off before he committed to UC.
    Last edited by Juice; 12-11-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    One last thing about the Shootout.

This was probably the first time in over 50 years that I didn't have a point of hate on Clifton Community College. There was always somebody- player, coach, just someone to get my juices flowing.
    Can't really hate Brannen. Don't know if he's the right guy, but time will tell. He doesn't seem to be getting the Xavier quality of recruits though. Cumberland isn't hateable. Keith Williams started out to be a villian by trolling the X bench after his first 3, but was quickly silenced.

There was just no slimy Gale Catlett, BeelzeBob, YTG, Andy "Racially assault a cab driver" Kennedy, "free roof" Bob Goin, Lance Stephenson, or any other miscreants to hate. It was weird for me. But....the result was cool.

I think Clifton Community is in trouble.
    I might not have your same 50 years of fandom behind me, but I was telling my UC friends the same thing before this game!! This is the first time in my memory where my reaction to the entire UC team and coaching staff was "Eh, they don't seem that bad" instead of pure, unbridled sports hatred. In fact, I actually kind of enjoy watching some of the guys on that team!

I was afraid that not having a "villain" would tone down the fun, but winning was still as awesome as ever!