Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    It's amazing how the situation has been reversed for this year.

I hope Cumberland is a basketcase. I hope our defensive pressure just chokes them to death. I have a feeling our 3's will begin dropping in at a much better clip starting tomorrow.
    Last edited by xudash; 12-06-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    X A V I E R

Shootout Tradition:

BEFORE: Should we even play it any more? The game has lost its luster. Nobody talks about it and there isn't enough animosity.

AFTER: Should we even play it any more? It's too emotional and takes too much focus away from the games around it.

Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    Shootout Tradition:

BEFORE: Should we even play it any more? The game has lost its luster. Nobody talks about it and there isn't enough animosity.

AFTER: Should we even play it any more? It's too emotional and takes too much focus away from the games around it.
    PDoc, is that you? It sure sounds like you.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    What does the tension between Cumberland and Brannen stem from? Does anyone know? They're downplaying it, but it's obviously something.
    From what I've heard, Jarron doesn't like Brannen. I've also heard he's not friends with anyone on the team, barely talks to them and doesn't hang out with them...and that includes his cousin.

This part is me speculating...maybe he regrets the decision to not go overseas and be making 6 figures right now and is just unhappy.

And to paraphrase Larry David, "my source is pretty, pretty, prettttttttty good."

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Not so fast my friend. It's always an "anything can happen game". The big difference this year is for the first time, in a long time, UC doesn't have an obnoxious asshole for a coach.
    no doubt. i'm not taking this game lightly at all. in fact i'm very worried, but that doesn't change that UC isn't very good.

there is also the factor that xavier plays a much better schedule now and plays probably 8-10 regular season games a year as big or bigger than UC

I go to god-damn church every fking Sunday but the shootout brings out the fking demons in me
    Balls of Steele!!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    From what I've heard, Jarron doesn't like Brannen. I've also heard he's not friends with anyone on the team, barely talks to them and doesn't hang out with them...and that includes his cousin.

This part is me speculating...maybe he regrets the decision to not go overseas and be making 6 figures right now and is just unhappy.

And to paraphrase Larry David, "my source is pretty, pretty, prettttttttty good."
    i said it before, but cronin's system was perfect for jarron. brannen's is not

What about golden boy "top 50 " recruit Zach Harvey?

His stock must have dropped but he gets maybe 5-8 minutes of PT.

Remember when the coverage use to be a week long? There was a luncheon on mid week. All of this has changed because of Nancy zimpher. That lady took the fun out of everything!!!! Does skyline still sell the basketballs? I have a few of them in my parents basement.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Remember when the coverage use to be a week long? There was a luncheon on mid week. All of this has changed because of Nancy zimpher. That lady took the fun out of everything!!!! Does skyline still sell the basketballs? I have a few of them in my parents basement.
    I believe playing the Shootout in December or November hurts with people splitting time to football/ high school, pro or college.
    I remember it used to be played on last Wednesday of January. It being now on ESPN or Fox and no longer on WCPO or Fox 19 forces the game to a not so peak time competing with football.

I blame Huggs and Skip plus each AD for trying to calm it down so play it not interfering with conference season.
    Last night I watched the 1990 game on Facebook. The fans and players were so hyped (drunk?). The Gardens was 3 times as loud as Cintas.