Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

Escalate the hate.
    This....

It is time to ESCALATE THE HATE!!

I hate that fucking team, their fucking mascot, their fucking campus riddled with gangs, whores, and horse punching fuckers. Pete Gillen once said to our team, speaking about UC... "I hate them, they are motherfuckers!"

If agreeing with Pete Fucking Gillen is wrong, I don't want to be right!! We are better in every way and I hope we pummel the ever loving shit out of those assholes on Saturday.

Everyone associated with their program can eat a 30 gallon bag of filled with veiny, purple, throbbing headed dicks!!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Freshman
    Hoping a little better competition will force Travis to stop dicking around and put the right players on the floor in the right positions. Tandy, Moore, Scruggs, Naji and Jones need to be on the floor, together, for extended minutes. Freemantle needs more minutes even if that means he is in with Jones. Carter, Q and Bishop need to have their minutes "managed" much more judiciously.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    OK... here we go. Enough with the tune ups, it's time to tighten the laces and get going. We've been playing cat and mouse this entire season. Hiding our true offensive weapons, only to bring them out when it counts. Throw away any game tape prior to this, the true Xavier is about to be unleashed. The first game in the post Yellow Toothed Gnome era tips off at 5:00 EST 12/7. The uc mouth breathing fan base will be glued to Luke Fickell's second to last game as a uc football coach, with delusions of a New Years day game dancing through their heads, only to be stomped on by some tigers. With tears in their eyes they will turn the channel only to find further dismay as the Musketeers are running rough shod in an offensive and defensive onslaught never seen before. Walk ons will start the second half as a show of mercy by the benevolent Coach Steele. XU is about to unleash wave after wave of double digit scorers while racking up kills numbering in the dozens. The narrative has been written by the basketball Gods. Let the fury commence, for it is time for the Crosstown Shootout once again. On Xavier!
    This needs no additional commentary, except for "Go X!".
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm more than ready for the Skykyline Chili Crosstown Shootout.
    But what I really am ready for is some structured offense.

I see us pass the ball around the key, with the defense giving us a lot of wide open 3's. (Carter was a 34% shooter last year, so I hope 0-6 is an anomaly...especially in his own gym.)
    I see guys come out for the high screen and try to pick and roll.
    I see guys crashing the lane, sometimes (except maybe Marshall) with less than stellar results. (although if you are kicking out to 20% 3 shooters maybe that's understandable.)

What I don't see are many "offensive" play calls with multiple screens, back door cuts, and the team moving to create opportunities.
    So use to watching Mike Young coach this sort of team for years it is frustrating to not see some of that from us.
    I assume Steele has those tricks in his bag, and maybe my eyes are old and I just don't see it...but it just doesn't look right.

Hope we come out blazing on Saturday.
    (and none of this addresses our continued sloppy passing/TO's. (Yes we held it to 10 against GB; but a ratio of less than 1 for your PG is still not good)
    I agree that the offense can look frustrating at times, but even with all our issues we are still a top 50 offense on Kenpom, so Steele is doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I don't like saying this, but has the Shootout sort of....yunno....lost something??
    Lost Huggins. Easy to hate. Lost YTG. Easy to hate. Ask me to name someone else on UC? Cumberland. No real negative feelings come up there and now hes on the injured/not practicing list. Ask me to name another...... and I couldnt. I dont know how to hate an unknown entity.

Someone needs to throw some shade. We got bodybags that need filled! Lets zip em up
    Last edited by atljar; 12-05-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    When you have guys that cant consistently make a 3 shooting a 3, the lane is completely packed in. You cant have backdoors, or crashing the lane when its packed in so tightly. Did you see how far off greenbay was playing? Every team is going to do that until we start making threes and there is nothing really schematically that Steele can do to circumvent this, until the lanes open up.
    Exactly.

Or, and work with me here, did Travis Steele, architect of the most potent offense in school history a mere 2 seasons ago, simply forget how to structure an offense?

Quote Originally Posted by xcellentx View Post
    I agree that the offense can look frustrating at times, but even with all our issues we are still a top 50 offense on Kenpom, so Steele is doing something right.
    Also this.

People are talking about the offense like it's ranked as low as last year's defense (which finished a horrendous 102nd on KenPom even with the bump down the stretch). No one is saying X has a great offense, but let's live in reality at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Exactly.

Or, and work with me here, did Travis Steele, architect of the most potent offense in school history a mere 2 seasons ago, simply forget how to structure an offense?
    Yes...yes he did because that’s what happens when you move over one seat. LOL

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    This....

It is time to ESCALATE THE HATE!!

I hate that fucking team, their fucking mascot, their fucking campus riddled with gangs, whores, and horse punching fuckers. Pete Gillen once said to our team, speaking about UC... "I hate them, they are motherfuckers!"

If agreeing with Pete Fucking Gillen is wrong, I don't want to be right!! We are better in every way and I hope we pummel the ever loving shit out of those assholes on Saturday.

Everyone associated with their program can eat a 30 gallon bag of filled with veiny, purple, throbbing headed dicks!!
    Now it is Shootout time. Always brings a chuckle to hear college basketball's Joker go down this path.

Please tell me that was the year Gillen and Huggins were having a Skyline/Gold Star argument after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm more than ready for the Skykyline Chili Crosstown Shootout.
    That's awesome.