Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I dont know if that is necessarily true. It's going to be ugly, but we can win a lot of games the play the team is playing on the defensive side of the ball overall.
    Thank you. X is 8-1 and a top 30 KenPom team - isn't that pretty much in line with expectations? I mean do people think this is supposed to be a top 15 team? I was never under that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    We keep playing the way we are and the losses will start to pile up.....that's the entire point of most posters on here......
    They could, but I'd argue that defensively, with that level of commitment to that side, that can keep us in any game, and we're battle tested in close games, a couple OTs already, etc. I think it's really speculation on whether losses will pile up or not. I mean I get it, we've looked downright awful at times, and even Steele is disgusted in it, but at the end of the day, as AviatorX said above me, we're 8-1 and top 30 in KenPom. It's not like we're drastically performing worse than what we expected, I don't think before the season people were thinking "this is a championship level team," and honestly I much rather them be performing well defensively opposed to offensively at this stage in the season. I think we can be better on offense quite easily because of the talent, but getting a team to buy in defensively is a little tougher to do. It hasn't been pretty so far, but it just feels like this board wants the world to burn down right now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    They could, but I'd argue that defensively, with that level of commitment to that side, that can keep us in any game, and we're battle tested in close games, a couple OTs already, etc. I think it's really speculation on whether losses will pile up or not. I mean I get it, we've looked downright awful at times, and even Steele is disgusted in it, but at the end of the day, as AviatorX said above me, we're 8-1 and top 30 in KenPom. It's not like we're drastically performing worse than what we expected, I don't think before the season people were thinking "this is a championship level team," and honestly I much rather them be performing well defensively opposed to offensively at this stage in the season. I think we can be better on offense quite easily because of the talent, but getting a team to buy in defensively is a little tougher to do. It hasn't been pretty so far, but it just feels like this board wants the world to burn down right now lol.
    I don't sense that at all.......I sense frustration more than anything with the lack of improvement in the areas that plagued this team most of last year.

My take is that we will improve and get better. You can see the talent and potential. We're just not clicking yet.......its only Dec 6th, we have long way to go

Some of our 3-point attempts have been near misses. And I mean near misses: good looking shots that just catch too much rim one way or the other and bounce away. The shots themselves were taken by players who got into position for a clear shot via running an effective or effective enough offensive set. They weren't wildass fade away attempts with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.

Imagine if just 3 more of them dropped in per game to-date.

I know "if's and but's" is not a good way to go in stating a case for something, but the fact is that they have been just off with some of those shots.

We are not going to look like we looked during the Blueitt regime, but I still believe they'll begin to find their range to a differentiating degree. I hope that begins this Saturday. Then we can have something else to bitch about, albeit hopefully not turnovers.
    X A V I E R

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    We keep playing the way we are and the losses will start to pile up.....that's the entire point of most posters on here......
    This.

Coach sees this. We see this. Everyone sees this.

Don't let 8-1 make you believe everything is fine and dandy. At the same time, the sky isn't falling either.