Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Carter was 2-10 tonight. Blahhh.

Meanwhile Zachary Freemantle barely saw the court in the second half. Was he hurt? I don't know but it seemed like Steele was bound and determined to let Carter play his way out of his funk...but he didn't and hasn't .

We'd better get some production out of our 4 on Saturday.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Regardless, it's pretty apparent that this team isn't going to be able to win playing through Tyrique in the post first against good teams, so no sense getting worked up about it during buy games IMO.
    Well, we're sure as hell not going to be able to win jacking up 3's in a game against good teams either. I expect for UC to pack the paint on Saturday and make us shoot from out. I hope to hell for one game the Three God is smiling on us.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Carter was 2-10 tonight. Blahhh.

Meanwhile Zachary Freemantle barely saw the court in the second half. Was he hurt? I don't know but it seemed like Steele was bound and determined to let Carter play his way out of his funk...but he didn't and hasn't .

We'd better get some production out of our 4 on Saturday.
    Carter is giving us nothing.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Steele expressed, in the post game radio interview, that he was not happy with the teams effort or its togetherness tonight. I image that tomorrow’s practice is not going to be a lot of fun.
    There's a part of Steele that's probably happy that he can light into the team the next 2 days and try to get to kick into another emotional gear that's necessary to win Saturday.

Sophomore
    the thing about carter is that he has a great handle and gets to the rim really well, he just can't seem to finish at all

Watched the game late on DVR recording. Glad for the win and hope that Davis kid for Green Bay really can make a name for himself. Impressive!

Man, lots of talent on this team! Too bad they play so disjointed most of the time. They can't run the pick and roll, struggle finding the open man in the plays they do run, hesitate too often when opportunities for good ball movement exist, and then too often lose the ball when trying to force something. At least free throws went in a bit more today and there defense did improve in the second half.

Steele is starting to sound like Cronin in his press conferences. I never gave Cronin the flack others do so often, but it's remarkable because Steele's team is starting to perform like Cronin's did. Can't easily score and have to hustle like crazy on defense to win. We have guys who shot great in high school (and Carter at OU), so you wonder what's changed with the teams we face.

I knew when this schedule came out it was slightly softer in order to have the team gel and get some confidence leading up to conference play. I was good with that, honestly. But now every time they make a stupid pass or a really questionable shot I'm hearing George Michael singing in my head the chorus from "Careless Whisper": "I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feet ain't got no rhythm." Ugh

This weekend should be a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Well, we're sure as hell not going to be able to win jacking up 3's in a game against good teams either. I expect for UC to pack the paint on Saturday and make us shoot from out. I hope to hell for one game the Three God is smiling on us.
    3 point god, you can’t capitalize god unless it’s the one and true god. Ha ha. This team looks like amateurs out there and I know they are but they just do not play as a team. They look like a group of guys that have a world of talent but no guidance. Steele better learn how to get this guys playing on the same
    Page fast. So far very disappointed in how Steele has coached. He still has another year IMO to prove he can do the job but right now he is not doing a great job. Time will tell and that time is coming.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    It sure doesn't seem like this team is progressing. What I hope is that with all the player combinations, injury issues, and newbies, that the gelling time is longer than any of us expected. What I fear is that Steele, for whatever reason, is simply unable to get this team to run an offense. When you watch players off the ball on offense, there is no movement. They just run a few high screens and then hope for an open three or a seam to open up. I agree with others that this team is very talented individually. But man are they underperforming at the offensive end. Unless this ship gets righted quick, we are going to get killed when league play begins. Four more non-conference games to get things right.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

This team is frustrating to watch........just hoping we can at some point put it all together. The pieces are there but not playing as a team for sure. Feel bad for Carter, I know he wants to contribute, but he is downright awful right now.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    3 point god, you can’t capitalize god unless it’s the one and true god. Ha ha. This team looks like amateurs out there and I know they are but they just do not play as a team. They look like a group of guys that have a world of talent but no guidance. Steele better learn how to get this guys playing on the same
    Page fast. So far very disappointed in how Steele has coached. He still has another year IMO to prove he can do the job but right now he is not doing a great job. Time will tell and that time is coming.
    I think this team will look better next year once Q graduated. Having a backcourt of Odom and Tandy will be refreshing. Havijg 2 guys that can drive or shoot will be great. Gonna miss Scruggs and Jones but I will not be upset if Naji leaves early too. Guy thinks hes a PG but cant dribble or pass to save his life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk