Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    So far very disappointed in how Steele has coached. He still has another year IMO to prove he can do the job but right now he is not doing a great job. Time will tell and that time is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    It sure doesn't seem like this team is progressing.

I can feel it getting closer.... who is going to start the “fire Steele!” thread?

Supporting Member
    Is x 8-1 or 1-8? I get that the offense isnt there currently but the wailing and gnashing of teeth is a bit odd.

And I'm sorry but those questioning Steele are flat out insane at this juncture. The team has bought in on the defensive side of the ball this year and it is essentially the exact same players
    Is that not coaching?

I choose to see the bright side of what Tandy brought to the game in only his second outing. When he gets really comfortable, he looks like a force. 15 minutes. 10 points. 3 pointers and driving scores. Smooth free throw shots. I like what he might mean for this team this year.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Lost in all the angst seems to be some perspective....

14 assists on 29 made shots
    18 OFFENSIVE rebounds
    84 points scored...2nd highest this year behind 87 in the LAST game

Have we ever heard a coach not complain about the teams lack of focus and effort in the game before the shootout?

I get that it wasn’t a perfect game and that X is not playing perfect ball. They have deficiencies and need improvement in many areas in order to be as good as they can be. Show me a team where this isn’t the case in early DECEMBER.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Lost in all the angst seems to be some perspective....

18 OFFENSIVE rebounds
    Anyone else think Jones sees Freemantle's effort taking some of his minutes? Jones was a beast on the boards last night. Those extra possessions. Wow. What did X have? 29 second chance points? That is impressive
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    I think this team will look better next year once Q graduated. Having a backcourt of Odom and Tandy will be refreshing. Havijg 2 guys that can drive or shoot will be great. Gonna miss Scruggs and Jones but I will not be upset if Naji leaves early too. Guy thinks hes a PG but cant dribble or pass to save his life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Those are our 3 best players, and its not even close. Losing Naji is going to be a huge loss.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Man, KyKy is a muscled up guard but he is way out of control like Goodin's senior year.
    fixed that for you.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I can feel it getting closer.... who is going to start the “fire Steele!” thread?
    Don't include me as inching toward a "fire Steele" thread supporter. Nowhere close.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Those are our 3 best players, and its not even close. Losing Naji is going to be a huge loss.
    Naji is good but he isnt great. He shows flashes but doesnt play within his limits. He will never be a good outside shooter. His skill set is for more of a slasher and finish at the rim but for some reason he thinks he can shootblike Curry. Q is the same way except he struggles to get layups to go down for some reason. Naji has hit some big 3s this year but he shouldn't be shooting as many as he does.

Jones is great for 10 minutes a game then goes off into lala land and becomes invisible.

Scruggs will be the biggest loss of this 4 if he does decide to leave early. Would love for him and Naji to stay but highly doubt that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Don't include me as inching toward a "fire Steele" thread supporter. Nowhere close.
    Give the guy a few years with his players. He helped recruit all these guys but they are Mack's players. If the offensive game plan hasnt improved after 3 or 4 years then it might be time to warm up his seat.