Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Yeah... check back in a year.
    Having guards that can shoot, distribute and drive will open the floor up for other players. Right now X does not have a reliable PG to get guy the ball. Q drives out of control and then chucks the ball to where he thinks a player is instead of having a plan. Tandy and Odom will be refreshing next year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Having guards that can shoot, distribute and drive will open the floor up for other players. Right now X does not have a reliable PG to get guy the ball. Q drives out of control and then chucks the ball to where he thinks a player is instead of having a plan. Tandy and Odom will be refreshing next year.

FYI, Odom is not known for his shooting prowess. He's ultra quick and very athletic. He can get the rim.......think a shorter more athletic Sumner

Did we lose last night??? I understand it's a bit frustrating with the team looking so sloppy on offense, and it's really tough to be optimistic considering our Core 4 have boat loads of experience, but last I checked a win is a win. We're 8-1 going into the shoot out, that's pretty good. We're actually playing defense, something that started happening at the end of last year and is progressing to this year, something I haven't seen in a while from an X team. At this point we know we don't have that strong of a shooting team, that's not going to magically change over night unfortunately, but I do think it'll creep up a little higher than what's it's been at this point. Ultimately, this team has some short comings, but have the talent to compete, with the defense we play we can stay in any game. It's early December, we want to peak in March, as long as we're picking up wins, and each game is a lesson point, we'll do okay. It may not seem like we're progressing, but each 40 minutes is another boost to chemistry levels around a lot of new pieces in the rotation. I have no doubt we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post

I don't necessarily disagree with your take on them being frustrating and often unfit to work cohesively on offense, but I just disagree with the idea that there will be some sort of addition by subtraction, especially someone as talented as Naji.

We have to find a way to run our offense like last Feb -March (even though it took us the year to get there). It was very simplified and cohesive. Need to tighten a few screws, I have faith we'll keep getting better.
    Run the table.

Supporting Member
    Its early but just saying in the kenpom we are:

50 offense
    21 defense
    27 overall

I know small sample size but still it is encouraging

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Its early but just saying in the kenpom we are:

50 offense
    21 defense
    27 overall

I know small sample size but still it is encouraging
    Even with a decent amount of offensive issues, I think we are close to being much better on that end. Get KyKy and Carter a little more comfortable, continue with the at least decent 3pt shooting from the past couple of games and I think we will see a vastly improved offense.

Don't get any "warm fizzies" watching this team. Pretty lackluster performance against GB. Seems like we are hitting on 5 of 8 cylinders sometimes and too many offensive droughts. Throwing up 7 0f 8 bricks to open the game when everyone knew we should go inside, didn't seem like the greatest strategy. Need to improve for UC.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Did we lose last night??? I understand it's a bit frustrating with the team looking so sloppy on offense, and it's really tough to be optimistic considering our Core 4 have boat loads of experience, but last I checked a win is a win. We're 8-1 going into the shoot out, that's pretty good. We're actually playing defense, something that started happening at the end of last year and is progressing to this year, something I haven't seen in a while from an X team. At this point we know we don't have that strong of a shooting team, that's not going to magically change over night unfortunately, but I do think it'll creep up a little higher than what's it's been at this point. Ultimately, this team has some short comings, but have the talent to compete, with the defense we play we can stay in any game. It's early December, we want to peak in March, as long as we're picking up wins, and each game is a lesson point, we'll do okay. It may not seem like we're progressing, but each 40 minutes is another boost to chemistry levels around a lot of new pieces in the rotation. I have no doubt we'll be fine.
    We keep playing the way we are and the losses will start to pile up.....that's the entire point of most posters on here......

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    We keep playing the way we are and the losses will start to pile up.....that's the entire point of most posters on here......
    I dont know if that is necessarily true. It's going to be ugly, but we can win a lot of games the play the team is playing on the defensive side of the ball overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I dont know if that is necessarily true. It's going to be ugly, but we can win a lot of games the play the team is playing on the defensive side of the ball overall.
    Maybe........but we've played a whopping total of 1 good team thus far. BE play is gonna be a lot different.