Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I was one the biggest supporters of GT in terms of potential this year in BE. Hate to see this on so many different levels.

Rob Dauster
    @RobDauster
    According to court documents obtained by NBC Sports, Josh LeBlanc and Galen Alexander were hit with a restraining order on Nov. 5th by a fellow Georgetown student. LeBlanc was allegedly threatening to do "bodily harm" if the victim reported a burglary.

Rob Dauster
    @RobDauster
    Additional reporting: Freshman Myron Gardner was accused of "sexual harassment and assault," an incident reported to DC PD and GU PD, the day before the burglary referenced below.

The woman that filed for the restraining order referenced below is a roommate of Gardner's accuser.

Rob Dauster
    @RobDauster
    This is a really bad look for Georgetown. A player is accused of sexual assault, two more are accused of burglary, all three have restraining orders. The alleged crimes were in mid-Sept. The restraining orders were last month. All three played Saturday.

When did they know?

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That announcement doesn't say he "leaves Georgetown."
    It says they can't play this season.
    I meant to imply that they had left Georgetown's team.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Wow this is the same Myron Gardner we had been recruiting until the end. Of course hearsay at this point so don’t want to get ahead of myself.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Wow this is the same Myron Gardner we had been recruiting until the end. Of course hearsay at this point so don’t want to get ahead of myself.
    Yes, Xavier recruited Gardner. Georgetown, UC, and Missouri were his final 3. Xavier started recruiting Ben Roderick heavy in February of 2019 and the interest in Gardner fell off. That was also during the Zach Harvey recruitment.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

What a cluster.....
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Just to be clear, Akinjo has not been named in any of the allegations. His decision to transfer seems to be poor timing with all the other issues going on.

2019-20 Georgetown Men's Basketball Team Picture....

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Supporting Member
    So....this begs the question why is akinjo leaving? Not that he was one of the perpetrators here but it probably has to do with something related to this right?? Either maybe he feels the players are getting railroaded ala dez or on the other side he thinks it is effed up georgetown seemed to sit on this for so long.

It would be a little odd given the timing, ot has zero to do with any of this, right?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    So....this begs the question why is akinjo leaving? Not that he was one of the perpetrators here but it probably has to do with something related to this right?? Either maybe he feels the players are getting railroaded ala dez or on the other side he thinks it is effed up georgetown seemed to sit on this for so long.

It would be a little odd given the timing, ot has zero to do with any of this, right?
    Apparently it’s been rumored he wants to go back out west where he’s from. Best guess is that he saw a sinking ship and bailed