Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Looks like the hits keep rolling in... Top 100 recruit decommits from Georgetown

Supporting Member
    Odd part to me is that leblanc gets kicked off the team but Alexander and gardner both played last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Odd part to me is that leblanc gets kicked off the team but Alexander and gardner both played last night.
    What is weirder is that I don't think there has been any official punishment for lebanc. It seems like he had played less minutes than expected, but I haven't seen anything about him getting kicked off the team, it seems like with this cloud around him and playing less minutes than expected that he chose to

Quote Originally Posted by xcellentx View Post
    If I was Akinjo I would be pissed about how this was announced at the same time when it appears he was not involved in any of this nonsense. Apparently for whatever reason he just wasn't happy there.

I don't think there is anything to the guys feeling like they got railroaded, as it still seems like Georgetown has not officially done anything and there have been multiple police reports filed so it is not just some random accusation. If anything it seems like Georgetown has done way less then you would expect any other team to do in this situation.
    Does Georgetown have any employed in a Public Relations position on staff? Perhaps maybe a professor teaches a PR class there. Holy cow they could have handled this so much better.......

If I was Akinjo I would be pissed about how this was announced at the same time when it appears he was not involved in any of this nonsense. Apparently for whatever reason he just wasn't happy there.
    Maybe the nonsense was part of the reason.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Does Georgetown have any employed in a Public Relations position on staff? Perhaps maybe a professor teaches a PR class there. Holy cow they could have handled this so much better.......
    I've basically lost all confidence in pretty much any and all universities being able to handle anything well.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I've basically lost all confidence in pretty much any and all universities being able to handle anything well.
    I think it’s because they’re more concerned with how things look than actually doing what’s right, when the right thing would cause angst for the PC crowd that’s so prevalent on college campuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Maybe the nonsense was part of the reason.
    Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff motivated the move now, but I have heard that it was expected at some point in the season.

I just don't know how you let this stuff come out at the same time when it seems pretty clear he didn't have any involvement in it.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff motivated the move now, but I have heard that it was expected at some point in the season.

I just don't know how you let this stuff come out at the same time when it seems pretty clear he didn't have any involvement in it.
    Perhaps they did know he was going to do this and they are just being petty?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Obviously they had two really bad choices- get it all out at once or let it drip out over time. Guess they thought the drip drip would do more harm to their recruiting. Guess it didn’t matter for one top 100 recruit, but sure some other circumstances probably played a role in his decommitment since he never signed his LOI.