Providence vs Rhode Island

12/7/2019____Sat

#24 Florida vs Butler

Nebraska vs Creighton

West Virginia vs St. John's

#22 Villanova vs St. Josephs

Marquette vs Kansas State

Georgetown vs SMU

Maryland smacked around Golden Eagles today. Marcus Howard couldn't score 50.

Who would have thought a Georgetown team who loses 3 good players goes on the road and beats an undefeated Oklahoma St. team?

DePaul looks good againgst Texas Tech.

DePaul with a huge upset. Man, they look tough.

BE looks scary good..

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm not sure that's an upset this year. Tech is reloading and DePaul finally, finally has a cohesive unit where the sum is finally greater than just the parts.

The Big East is going to be a meat grinder...a wood chipper...whatever. For a team that can't shoot....it's going to be brutal. Hope things change for X's shooting woes.

Yeah I don't have a good feeling about conference play this year. I'm a little worried. I pray I'm wrong.

Supporting Member
    Great win for DePaul! I dont think tech is that good this year but that's still big.

I think x goes 11-7 in conference..I know there is a lot of hand wringing about the shooting, but the d is going to win us a lot of games.

Wow, Georgetown's Mac McClung went crazy for 33 points and handed OK State it's first loss . Really high scoring second half. Interesting to see their offense hasn't dropped off even with the player losses.

Depaul comes from behind to tie the game in the second half and beat TTU in overtime. They are playing with a short bench and struggling with offensive efficiency (somewhat similar to Xavier,) but their team is getting a fairly balanced effort from the guys who are playing. Paul Reed and Charlie Moore are playing tough.

Butler has been the real surprise for me this season. Just some tough competitors on that team so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Wow, Georgetown's Mac McClung went crazy for 33 points and handed OK State it's first loss . Really high scoring second half. Interesting to see their offense hasn't dropped off even with the player losses.
    Addition by subtraction often happens in these situations. At least in the short term
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!