4 14.81%
  • XAVIER IS THE ONLY TEAM I ROOT FOR

6 22.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    NCAA men's basketball - Today 12:00 PM

Lipscomb Bisons at (25) Xavier Musketeers

TV Coverage: FSN

Is there anything else on worth watching?
    Clemson v. South Carolina should be a good one. Nothing else, though.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Maybe they'll overlook us.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

How are you haters doing today?
    X A V I E R

I love the toolman, but his Michigan ads usually emphasize the nature aspect, which I'm sure is spectacular, but ignores the city dumpster fires. Detroit = biggest big city failure ever.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Okay, is this game even a rivalry anymore?

I'm not questioning whether or not it is a heated feud. I know damn well that it is. But, doesn't it have to be kind of evenly contested to be a rivalry?? This is starting to feel a lot more like West Virginia vs Marshall than Duke vs North Carolina. It's not just that Ohio State has won a million of the last million-and-one, or whatever it is. It's that they've won the vast majority of those by like four touchdowns. I hate Ohio State, but the vast majority of the last 20 or so games haven't even been good, let alone "best rivalry in the nation" level.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I'm not questioning whether or not it is a heated feud. I know damn well that it is. But, doesn't it have to be kind of evenly contested to be a rivalry?? This is starting to feel a lot more like West Virginia vs Marshall than Duke vs North Carolina. It's not just that Ohio State has won a million of the last million-and-one, or whatever it is. It's that they've won the vast majority of those by like four touchdowns. I hate Ohio State, but the vast majority of the last 20 or so games haven't even been good, let alone "best rivalry in the nation" level.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

Is it a rivalry? Yes, without question. Is it as intense as it was when Woody and Bo were going at it? Not even close. I get your point of comparison between WVA and Marshall, but keep in mind that those two INSTITUTIONS have never been on the same level.

It could swing around again at some point. Ohio State fans had to live begrudgingly through the John Cooper years, albeit this streak, save for one loss, is a helluva lot longer than his record.

One thing is clear, and this just isn't me being an Ohio State football fan: Ryan Day is the real deal. And he's only 40 years old.
    X A V I E R

Duplicate
    X A V I E R

I guess it depends on how you define it.

I think all rivalries are feuds.

I do not think that all feuds are rivalries.

Western Kentucky may hate Louisville with every fiber of their being, and I'm sure Louisville finds WKU to be highly annoying, but no one would say that WKU and Louisville are rivals.

I hesitate to make the comparison that I think is best because if I do then the thread might get hijacked, but when one team wins more than 75 percent of the time in games that aren't even close, AND is regularly ranked higher, AND is regularly going further and far more accomplished in the postseason, then is that really a rivalry or is it just a feud where one guy absolutely kicks the other guy's ass all over creation whenever it comes to blows and the fight isn't even close?? I mean, when there is no argument whatsoever over who it is that's better, and there hasn't even been an argument for the last two decades, then can you call it a rivalry or is it just a feud?? Is Penn State v Pitt a rivalry or a feud?? I'd say Ohio State v Michigan is even more lopsided than that. At least Pitt has kept some of the games close, and actually won one a few years ago.