Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yeesh. Bypassing a chance to play Gonzaga or Michigan State. Has Steele been hanging out with Wojo?
    you dont know whats going on behind the scenes...........I expect other programs to back out in the next week......

Every high major in the country wants to have a few early season buy games against mediocre opponents. This year is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    In other words, Xavier doesn't want to potentially be embarrassed by Saint Louis, Belmont, Boise State or some other MAAC program.

Notice how Wright State and Northern Kentucky aren't invited if they're looking to limit travel expenses.
    This is F...ing embarrassing. Changes are Covid related...nothing more.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 10-06-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

Definitely seems reasonable to make sweeping conclusions about Steele/Xavier dodging a certain type of non-conference schedule based on what the situation is looking like for 2020-21 across the board...

My guess is that they didn’t want to travel to Orlando and quarantine. Play some games and then return to Cincinnati to quarantine again. These are the times we live in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Something that Steele points out in a recent Enquirer article is that it’s NOT an even playing court this year. Each school may have its own protocols to follow if someone in the program is found to be positive for a Covid. In Xavier’s case, a positive would mean the whole program going into quarantine for a couple of weeks. That means NO team activities, no meetings, no practices, no games, nothing. However, that’s NOT the case everywhere or with every team. For other programs it could mean only the individual infected going into quarantine while the others are tested, and if found to be not infected they would then be allowed to continue practicing and playing. Teams facing the possibility of a complete shutdown would probably be more cautious than teams not facing that, don’t you think? The schedule is in a state of flux right now as every team/program is kind of groping in the dark, not just X.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Since everybody is limited Non-Con, I personally am happy with increasing our chances to win out before the BEast slate. Let the conference record decide our post season fate.....10 BE wins should punch a dance ticket IF the limited pre-conference games go well.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. A quantity of crappy wins isn't gonna add up to much, so 10-10 probably may not be enough. It wouldn't shock me if the committee awarded teams that played tough OOC games even more this year since so many teams decided to dump so many of them rather than dump their buy games.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. A quantity of crappy wins isn't gonna add up to much, so 10-10 probably may not be enough. It wouldn't shock me if the committee awarded teams that played tough OOC games even more this year since so many teams decided to dump so many of them rather than dump their buy games.
    Playing easy golf courses does not harden you up for the gauntlets. Neither does playing cupcakes.
    Although, I'm fine with playing cupcake SucKS
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Xavier was fortunate to salvage pars against Missouri and Missouri State last year. Let that sink in with what was supposed to be an experienced roster.