Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    We will also not speak of the snowman they shot when losing at Wake last year.

Freshman
    Apparently they don't have full control over their schedule as they have to schedule teams in states that are going to marry up with Ohio requirements. Doesn't do any good to go to Texas or have a Texas team come here if the requirements are that the traveling team quarantine for 14 days after the trip. There are some states that are requiring that you can avoid the quarantine rules if you don't spend the night and travel in and out the same day as well. Then you need to look at the requirements the individual leagues and schools are requiring as well. I am generally a very optimistic person but I will be surprised if we end up playing more than 20 games this year because I think games will end up getting postponed. Look at Miami U up the road for instance. They have a ton of students with Covid, so that is going to be a real challenge for them. The college football teams are struggling to get games in and that will be far easier than basketball. Basketball plays two games a week normally and having a couple of players out doesn't decimate a football team, but could really impact a basketball team with far fewer players. It is going to be a wait and see and kind of go week by week. I for one am glad they are trying to set up this little tournament at Cintas.
    Frank Layden (Jazz): "Son, what is with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?" "Coach, I don't know and I don't care!"

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

Hey at least X was ahead of the curve!

Supporting Member
    Not surprising, Good call to pull out when they did and set up the Cintas tournament.

Under the current circumstances it’s probably best to first just try and figure out how to have a regular season schedule, especially when it concerns non-BE games. It’s my guess that restrictions will become tighter, not looser, as the next month goes on. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if many of the already scheduled games are ultimately canceled, and substitutes found at the last minute. I also doubt very much that any fans will be watching games in person, at least not at schools in Ohio, which will make last minute scheduling easier. At this point there is no guarantee that there will even be an NCAA tournament. Of course they have to continue to plan as if there is going to be one, but all those plans may easily come to naught. Let the season run it’s course. If X is good enough to play in a post season tournament, they will play in it. If they aren’t, they won’t. In the meantime they will play whatever games they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    We will also not speak of the snowman they shot when losing at Wake last year.
    Ugh! I could've gone the entire season not reminiscing about that display. Wake was missing their best player. Barf!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Hey at least X was ahead of the curve!
    Mario is a Magician. And a Seer.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell