Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Just realized I'll be in Orlando anyways, so going to snag a ticket and see if I can convince some friends to come watch with me, anybody else braving the trip into the zoo of a state that is Florida?
    The fact that they're doing 8 tournaments in Orlando means the likelihood of having fans is almost nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    The fact that they're doing 8 tournaments in Orlando means the likelihood of having fans is almost nonexistent.
    I realized that after I posted hahaha, but I'm just going to continue to hold on hope that it may be limited capacity or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I realized that after I posted hahaha, but I'm just going to continue to hold on hope that it may be limited capacity or something.
    There is reason to hope!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sounds like Xavier is pulling out of this event and instead is opening the season at Cintas with it's own multi-team event. Attendees are expected to be Toledo, Oakland and Bradley. Sounds like an effort to reduce travel, expenses and potential exposure. Story on the Enquire site: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...on/3624730001/
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    Sounds like Xavier is pulling out of this event and instead is opening the season at Cintas with it's own multi-team event. Attendees are expected to be Toledo, Oakland and Bradley. Sounds like an effort to reduce travel, expenses and potential exposure. Story on the Enquire site: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...on/3624730001/
    Because these are "buy" games, I doubt that expenses are a factor in this decision.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Toledo, Oakland and Bradley?!? Woo hoo! This reminds me of the annual excitement that always surrounded the Hoosier Invitational and the UKIT!

Since everybody is limited Non-Con, I personally am happy with increasing our chances to win out before the BEast slate. Let the conference record decide our post season fate.....10 BE wins should punch a dance ticket IF the limited pre-conference games go well.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Zagsblog is reporting that the Big 10/BE Gaviett games are probably not going to happen.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    In other words, Xavier doesn't want to potentially be embarrassed by Saint Louis, Belmont, Boise State or some other MAAC program.

Notice how Wright State and Northern Kentucky aren't invited if they're looking to limit travel expenses.

Sophomore
    Yeesh. Bypassing a chance to play Gonzaga or Michigan State. Has Steele been hanging out with Wojo?