Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

2020 Orlando Invitational

Home Sweet Home!

Auburn, Gonzaga, Michigan State and Xavier will be featured in next season's Orlando Invitational. Other teams invited include Belmont, Boise State, Saint Louis and Siena (MAAC representative). Much better field than the one Xavier cruised through back in 2015.

Helluva field there, would be awesome to match up with Auburn, Gonzaga, or Michigan State at the direction those programs are trending. You are definitely right about it being better than last time we went, though we did get to curb stomp Dayton which was pretty fun. Definitely think this is one of the better Thanksgiving tournament fields we've been in, and should have a pretty interesting squad for it tomorrow!

Does that mean we are out the Gavitt Games again with the Big 10? Just curious. The field looks like a fun tournament.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Xavier's already used up their byes for the Gavitt Games - although that may change with UConn now in the fold. Orlando is a Thanksgiving tournament and should not affect the Gavitt Games whatsoever.

I'd think UConn is just out of all Gavit games till a new contract is signed

That looks like a great field! I’d love to get some revenge against Auburn since going there (with an Auburn fan) to see our double OT loss a few years ago. THAT was a loooong ride home.

I’d try to make this but somehow about 10 years ago we became Thanksgiving Central, which is actually a blast! I’ve been to a couple of NCAA’s in Orlando and always had a good time. I only knew Orlando for the parks when the kids were young, then AAU hoops tournaments later on. Some cool areas! I was NOT staying in one of them. As it turns out, W Colonial Blvd is what the street sign says in large font. The smaller font below says MLK Jr Blvd. My Uber driver wished me luck getting back. Hey! I booked late and took the first place that wasn’t full!

Anyone remember the ballpark cost of the packages last time? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Anyone remember the ballpark cost of the packages last time? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Tickets were $125 for all sessions for sidelines and $105 for all sessions for baseline/upper. Not sure what a package with hotels would be.

Looks like the Orlando Invitational will be staying in Orlando (no fans l would assume). Seems 7 other early season tournaments are moving there as well.

Just realized I'll be in Orlando anyways, so going to snag a ticket and see if I can convince some friends to come watch with me, anybody else braving the trip into the zoo of a state that is Florida?