Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Florida had one fg in the last 8 minutes of the game, none the last 6 minutes of the game. That's some defense!
    We closed out that game like a Boss.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Not sure that is obvious, I went to the tournament and watched every Florida game. They barely beat us tonight and we were coming off a double overtime win. We came out flat and turned the ball over in 5 of our first 6 possessions. We almost won this game at the end. We had many moments of suck that we have to correct. It is not obvious that they are more talented. They are however, very talented. Good for them. It is a great win for them. We will get better. They better get better too.
    no they are loaded. i think we are better coached, but florida is loaded to the gills with talent. they were faster, quicker, took better care of the ball, shot better. pretty much every guy on that team is a top 75 recruit. don't get me wrong we have lots of talent, but they have maybe more than anyone in the country

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I hope you have found a nice rooftop bar by now! (With heaters!)
    I hit a couple of rooftops in Charleston, and I love the town.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I hate to use your words, but "the ceiling is high, unfortunately, the basement is low" just works too well here.
    Feel free to use them they are probably better than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    no they are loaded. i think we are better coached, but florida is loaded to the gills with talent. they were faster, quicker, took better care of the ball, shot better. pretty much every guy on that team is a top 75 recruit. don't get me wrong we have lots of talent, but they have maybe more than anyone in the country
    We don't play these games using recruiting ratings. You said it is obvious that they are more talented. I don't agree. It isn't obvious. They barely beat us despite your recruiting ratings. The ESPN line was Florida -2. We were higher ranked and undefeated. We made some piss poor mistakes that teams make before the gell. We could have won this game. Shove your recruiting ratings up you ass. I know they have McDonald's All Americans. So what. We should have beat them now, and we need to get better to do it next time. This is Xavier.

Sophomore
    We don't play these games using recruiting ratings. You said it is obvious that they are more talented. I don't agree. It isn't obvious. They barely beat us despite your recruiting ratings. The ESPN line was Florida -2. We were higher ranked and undefeated. We made some piss poor mistakes that teams make before the gell. We could have won this game. Shove your recruiting ratings up you ass. I know they have McDonald's All Americans. So what. We should have beat them now, and we need to get better to do it next time. This is Xavier.
    i didn't say it was obvious they were more talented, but it is obvious they are loaded with talent. i couldn't agree more with the rest of your post and overall sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I don't think this is very likely. Freemantle isn't going to be taking minutes from Carter unless you want to see a lot of Freemantle/Jones on the floor together, which I don't think is in the cards. I suppose KyKy getting minutes could slide Naji to the 4 (and reduce Carter's run) but it seems much, much more likely that Freemantle will continue to sub for Jones and KyKy will just mean a lot less Q/Scruggs on the floor together (which everyone should be happy about).

Carter had an off night but still love what he brings. I still think he's a valuable chip and as he gets more comfortable they'll be able to play through him in the high post a bit more to release some pressure when the team is just not scoring. Let's not forget he's undergoing a major role change and in a new system.
    He definitely has value but if we are that commited to the defensive end I think he loses out by being our worst defender. But hell, maybe he doesn't lose out and the minutes for Kyky come from Q if he keeps having a million turnovers a game. I guess we will see

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    He definitely has value but if we are that commited to the defensive end I think he loses out by being our worst defender. But hell, maybe he doesn't lose out and the minutes for Kyky come from Q if he keeps having a million turnovers a game. I guess we will see
    Carter definitely had a bad night but being at the game I am convinced that Fl had a game plan to take a Carter out of the equation. He was covered all night and really was never open for any shots. He will be fine and learn from it. Welcome to the Big Time, Jason. Hang in there.

Disappointed by the loss, but not totally unexpected. I figured it would be a very close game either way as the teams matched up so well. Florida had a lot of high expectations coming into the season and I think that when it’s all said and done, they will be near the top of the SEC and will be very much a top 10-20 team. So not a “bad” loss. X once again showed it’s never say die attitude and I think that if they had been able to get it into OT would have prevailed in the end. But I never expected an undefeated season, so I’m not shocked by the result.

On the other hand....the team across town blew a double digit lead and lost to a MAC school in OT. Of course nobody saw it because it wasn’t on ESPN national TV like the X game was! And that’s nice.

Sophomore
    I agree with Snipe. It is one game and we lost it really in the first half and start of the second half. And still almost won it. We could sure use some shooting (Tandy?) and will webEVER see Ramsey. We could use another big and he looks to be big.