Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I agree.

Frustrating that we played so bad in the 1st half with how close we got it in the second half.

But it was great to see us get back in it.
    this team fucking battles to the end

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Not going to win every close one, but damn grateful to at least have another chance to steal one away after digging a huge hole earlier in the game.

Tells me that the season will have a pretty high ceiling this team can reach. Now they just gotta avoid falling in the basement.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I agree.

Frustrating that we played so bad in the 1st half with how close we got it in the second half.

But it was great to see us get back in it.
    Frustrating we've had such bad stretches in a lot of games so far. Imagine what this team can be if the offense can put together a few more possessions a game. I think the ceiling is high

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    This is a top 25 team, and the roster is still incomplete. Losing this game on November 25th is no big deal. Good fight tonight.

Carter was bad tonight, but as he continues to work into the flow more and more and KyKy comes back, I’m pretty optimistic.
    Agree. If there's ever a loss to feel good about, it might be this one.

Those guys never quit and had a chance to tie it with 10 seconds left.

Really hope Q can use those last few minutes to jump start his season.

Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    Agree. We saw what happened last year. We're light years away from that. Pre-season rankings are kinda irrelevant but I can see why they were #6. They're all bad losses tho ;)
    Lol you’re right, but there’s bad losses and then there’s losing to Bowling Green.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    This is a top 25 team, and the roster is still incomplete. Losing this game on November 25th is no big deal. Good fight tonight.

Carter was bad tonight, but as he continues to work into the flow more and more and KyKy comes back, I’m pretty optimistic.
    Agree. Hoping that freemantle continues to grow throughout the year because his ceiling is a lot higher than carter and hope kyky can contribute by big east play.

Score a little more, turn it over a little less and this could be a special special team.

When March rolls around I see 8 guys max getting minutes. Carter won't be one of them barring injury.

Florida is a worthy adversary.

Xavier fought hard and created a chance to win. That is all we can ask this season.

Get home, get some turkey, and get ready to embarass UC out of existence in the Crosstown Shootout.

Our guys are warriors. Hold your heads high and keep your eye on big goals.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    When March rolls around I see 8 guys max getting minutes. Carter won't be one of them barring injury.
    Wait what? This may be the wildest take (non-Snipe) in this board’s history.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I dont think we should overreact to Carters bad game.

He played really good D and had the clutch FTs in the Uconn game.

His mins may decrease as the season progresses but he will be a key rotational player.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17