Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Carter looked completely gassed with 10 minutes left in the game. UF players driving right past him. Maybe that is a consequence of UConn game.
    X will not be successful if one player(Scruggs) jacks up 22 shot attempts. Marshall, Jones, and Carter had combined amount of turnovers as did Scruggs. Share the ball, don't turn ball over, and make free throws.

X will only be good if X can consistently play defense.

Granted, Florida was way more talented (better recruits) and more height but X needs disciplined defense and focus on turnovers under 12 to have a chance to get in NCAA.

I think it’s fair to be both proud of and disappointed in this team.

Love that they don’t quit.

Hate that they play so unnecessarily sloppy at times and continue to make so many truly bad passes for much of the game (especially the last two games) that they put themselves in a much more difficult position at the end of games.
    Do they even know the difference between a good pass and a bad one... No, really... I am not sure they do.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Wait what? This may be the wildest take (non-Snipe) in this board’s history.
    I am saying it for a couple reasons.

1. Freemantle is a monster on defense. Great rim protector and has some pizzaz offensively. Once conference season comes I only see him getting more minutes.

2. Kyky comes back. His minutes have to come from someone. If Freemantle minutes go up and Kyky is getting time the minutes have to come from somewhere. I don't see Moore losing time right now. With how it plays out in my opinion Carter is the odd man out along with Bishop. It's not Carter's fault it's just that there are only so many minutes and Kyky/Freemantle are going to be taking a lot of time away from others

He will get some run but I just think you will see his minutes greatly reduced as we get into league play.
    Last edited by stammina0721; 11-24-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I am saying it for a couple reasons.

1. Freemantle is a monster on defense. Great rim protector and has some pizzaz offensively. Once conference season comes I only see him getting more minutes.

2. Kyky comes back. His minutes have to come from someone. If Freemantle minutes go up and Kyky is getting time the minutes have to come from somewhere. I don't see Moore losing time right now. With how it plays out in my opinion Carter is the odd man out along with Bishop. It's not Carter's fault it's just that there are only so many minutes and Kyky/Freemantle are going to be taking a lot of time away from others

He will get some run but I just think you will see his minutes greatly reduced as we get into league play.
    I don't think this is very likely. Freemantle isn't going to be taking minutes from Carter unless you want to see a lot of Freemantle/Jones on the floor together, which I don't think is in the cards. I suppose KyKy getting minutes could slide Naji to the 4 (and reduce Carter's run) but it seems much, much more likely that Freemantle will continue to sub for Jones and KyKy will just mean a lot less Q/Scruggs on the floor together (which everyone should be happy about).

Carter had an off night but still love what he brings. I still think he's a valuable chip and as he gets more comfortable they'll be able to play through him in the high post a bit more to release some pressure when the team is just not scoring. Let's not forget he's undergoing a major role change and in a new system.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    This is a top 25 team, and the roster is still incomplete. Losing this game on November 25th is no big deal. Good fight tonight.

Carter was bad tonight, but as he continues to work into the flow more and more and KyKy comes back, I’m pretty optimistic.
    I agree with this
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I agree.

Frustrating that we played so bad in the 1st half with how close we got it in the second half.

But it was great to see us get back in it.
    It was fantastic to see us get to play back in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    this team fucking battles to the end
    true dat

I really like Florida's roster construction. Nembhard and Johnson are really, really strong and versatile pieces, Blackshear is a veteran who is the SEC preseason POY, Locke is a knockdown shooter and then you have the two five star freshman in Mann and Lewis.

Not hard to see why some think that team can make a deep run. They're going to win a lot of games.

Great game to attend. Muskie faithful showed up and were loud in support.
    So hard to watch so many of the turnovers. Many were because Florida is very, very quick.
    But so many were lazy passes and drops.
    The fight in this team is incredible.
    Although nice to see Q drop 2 3's there at the end to set up Scruggs chance to tie, but after his second one, Q clowned for the bench as if he was the second coming. Don't know why that irked me, but it did.
    Glad to have a chance to see the team in person for a change, and be surrounded by like minded older Muskie faithful .

On to the next one. We have to fix the turnovers and find some shooters. Wish Wofford could lend us a couple.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzx12 View Post
    Frustrating we've had such bad stretches in a lot of games so far. Imagine what this team can be if the offense can put together a few more possessions a game. I think the ceiling is high
    The ceiling is high, unfortunately, the basement is low. When we are bad, we are Bad. When we are good, well then you are talking about something. We got down 17 and made every fan want to vomit. Then we almost won the game. Jesus.