Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I think Seton Hall is very good. Their post players are superior and make great defensive plays.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I think Seton Hall is very good. Their post players are superior and make great defensive plays.

Not to mention that Powell has the ability to absolutely take over a game.

I was not that high on them coming into the season, but after watching them a couple of times I am now quite impressed. But I still think that X has much greater depth and that the starters match up pretty well....if X can contain Powell.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Not to mention that Powell has the ability to absolutely take over a game.

I was not that high on them coming into the season, but after watching them a couple of times I am now quite impressed. But I still think that X has much greater depth and that the starters match up pretty well....if X can contain Powell.
    Nova and SH are going to be tough to beat. DePaul is really starting off well too. I don't think Butler, although they've started well has enough to compete for a top 3 finish.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Nova and SH are going to be tough to beat. DePaul is really starting off well too. I don't think Butler, although they've started well has enough to compete for a top 3 finish.
    none of those games will be easy. remember butler was one of the only big east teams to beat us last year when we were playing well. they'll play us tough

If PC loses to Pepperdine today, their season is kaput.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Think it is time to accept the fact that butler is good.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Even St. John's is playing well against West Virginia at home - the Big East would have a 3-0 lead in the Big East/Big 12 battle if this result holds up.

Providence is the only real disappointment so far - Butler and DePaul have definitely been pleasant surprises. St. John's and Georgetown are a little more schizo (especially the Hoyas).

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Even St. John's is playing well against West Virginia at home - the Big East would have a 3-0 lead in the Big East/Big 12 battle if this result holds up.

Providence is the only real disappointment so far - Butler and DePaul have definitely been pleasant surprises. St. John's and Georgetown are a little more schizo (especially the Hoyas).
    Mike anderson is going to turn out to be a great hire for st. John's. It's just a style of play that is going to appeal to NYC kids and the surrounding area.

After a meltdown they hold on to win. Whew.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Creighton not messing around with Nebraska.