Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Q's minutes are going to continue to decrease. Especially when Tandy comes back. His best asset to this team would be as a true bona fide leader. Because honestly he can't do anything else consistently enough to really help this team. Hope his figures it out sooner than later.
    I hope Travis has the stones to make some player personnel moves. Specifically, IMHO, if he wants to continue to start Q that's find but he needs to limit his minutes to 10 or less. Naji needs to work the baseline and back and forth across the lane 10' from the basket. He doesn't need the ball in his hands 30' from the basket trying to initiate offense. The only players who should be floating around the perimeter and thus open for 3's should be Scruggs, Moore, Carter and Tandy. As far as initiating offense the ball needs to be in Paul's hands a lot more and in Naji's hands less.

10 minutes for Goodin? Yeah, pretty sure he's going to play a lot more than that. I could get on board with 20ish. But 10 is far less than reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    I hope Travis has the stones to make some player personnel moves. Specifically, IMHO, if he wants to continue to start Q that's find but he needs to limit his minutes to 10 or less. Naji needs to work the baseline and back and forth across the lane 10' from the basket. He doesn't need the ball in his hands 30' from the basket trying to initiate offense. The only players who should be floating around the perimeter and thus open for 3's should be Scruggs, Moore, Carter and Tandy. As far as initiating offense the ball needs to be in Paul's hands a lot more and in Naji's hands less.
    10 minutes or less ahahahahahhaha. Some of you are just too much. If you don't think Naji is capable of initiating the offense and should just stick to working off the ball 10' from the basket, I seriously question if you actually watched Xavier much last season.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Make that two of us. I hope what has is very contagious and it keeps spreading through the rest of the team like wildfire. The team seems complete bought in on defense. That was the most disruptive X defense I believe we may have seen since the Jamal Walker / Stan Kimbrough days. Now just gotta keep working on that offense... but a great finish at the end to pull away - something we also haven’t seen in quite some time.
    This is the first X team I can remember that appears to have an effective press when they use it. Defense is the heart of this team, and the part of the game that they can most control. Once the offense gets untracked, and IMHO it will, this is going to be a very dangerous team.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    10 minutes for Goodin? Yeah, pretty sure he's going to play a lot more than that. I could get on board with 20ish. But 10 is far less than reality.
    Well if you pencil in KyKy for 40...

Obviously I'm a staunch Q defender, but even I can recognize he has not been good at all this year. Still, this isn't fantasy basketball, I think people don't realize benching him like that would really throw off the dynamic of the team, the guys like him believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Well if you pencil in KyKy for 40...

Obviously I'm a staunch Q defender, but even I can recognize he has not been good at all this year. Still, this isn't fantasy basketball, I think people don't realize benching him like that would really throw off the dynamic of the team, the guys like him believe it or not.
    They probably like Schrand and some other walk-ons. It's not a popularity contest, it's D1 basketball.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    They probably like Schrand and some other walk-ons. It's not a popularity contest, it's D1 basketball.
    That's not the same thing at all. The point is Q is a leader of this team (like it or not), so it's a delicate situation and not just a numbers game of reallocating minutes or putting a hard cap on his shot attempts. Q used 11% of the possessions last night, played solid defense and did not turn the ball over. I think if he's more in the 25 minute than 35 minute range and plays that role, it will be fine.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Q has been rough this year for sure. I was much more optimistic and defending him last year and more critical of him so far this year. But 10 mins? That is laughable. He's averaging around 29 this year so far. I think Scruggs needs to play the PG position more and with KyKy coming in, somewhere around 22mins give or take is more the range Q might/maybe should be in.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Q has been rough this year for sure. I was much more optimistic and defending him last year and more critical of him so far this year. But 10 mins? That is laughable. He's averaging around 29 this year so far. I think Scruggs needs to play the PG position more and with KyKy coming in, somewhere around 22mins give or take is more the range Q might/maybe should be in.
    Travis has spoken about Q being the head of the snake on defense. So it will be interesting to see how they mix and match lineups when KyKy is healthy because he obviously offers an offensive upgrade, but seems pretty clear this team's calling card is going to be on the defensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Naji has made some very nice passes tonight.

7 assist Naji versus 1-7 from three Naji would make this team much more dangerous. He can be an elite passer. And watch some Semaj tape on finishing shots.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."