Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BE Tournament tickets

Got an email from X about their 600 allotment of Big East tourney tickets available for purchase.I really plan on going to MSG this year.
    I am reaching out to X fans for their tips and/or experiences.
    I know it gets filled up for semifinals and finals. Any deals or best times to get tickets?
    Flights from Cincy, common hotels....

Where do X fans meet?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Xavier will also send out emails regarding "official" pre-game gatherings within about a week or so prior to the tournament. Never been to MSG for the Big East Tournament, but numerous posters on here have done so.

I still need to vicariously relive the Snipe Megabus trip.

My wife and I are planning to go for the first time this year. We ordered two $150 tickets. Pretty good deal if you don't care where you sit.

I know some may disagree, but I've found just buying the full package of games through Xavier is the easiest and less stressful as you don't have to scour Stubhub or search out scalpers on the day of. In past years, I've bought the $150 or so level and they are fine seats, albeit up top. But when you're paying $100+ per ticket for a semifinal game (as I did on the one year I didn't buy through X), it's a bit frustrating.

That will only become the more logical choice next year as UConn re-enters the fold, which will surely increase the BET secondary ticket market demand.

I have loved every trip to the Big East Tournament I have gone on. I usually stay near Times Square (which is admittedly more pricey). If you don't care about the size of your room, you can get a place at the Moxy, which is a block or so from MSG for a reasonable price. I know everyone has their own preferences. I'll see if I can find the thread from a few years ago. I've sat in the $150.00 seats and the really expensive seats. Each offer a unique experience, but I don't think there's a bad seat in the place.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

We found a nice Airbnb for $400 for four nights in Brooklyn, hear a train that goes to MSG. So there are definitely cheap ways to do it.

Waiting to buy a flight. Probably going to fly direct on United into Newark, Wednesday - Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I have loved every trip to the Big East Tournament I have gone on. I usually stay near Times Square (which is admittedly more pricey). If you don't care about the size of your room, you can get a place at the Moxy, which is a block or so from MSG for a reasonable price. I know everyone has their own preferences. I'll see if I can find the thread from a few years ago. I've sat in the $150.00 seats and the really expensive seats. Each offer a unique experience, but I don't think there's a bad seat in the place.
    Embassy Suites near the Theater District between Times Square & MSG is a great spot. It's at 60 West 37th Street. Easy walking distance to anything you want to get to. Lots of Xavier fans have stayed there. Free Breakfast.
    Xavier has great get togethers- especially on Wednesday night before the big Tournament starts. I've flown into both LaGuardia and Newark. Newark has an easily navigable train that goes right into Penn Station, below MSG. It got me through the snowstorm in NY into Manhattan right on time a couple of years ago.
    Never, ever rent a car or attempt to drive in the City. Parking costs will kill you and traffic is impossible.
    As to tickets, there used to be separate sections for each school, but the league changed that a few years ago. Now they spread everyone all over the arena for balance and so some part of the building doesn't look empty. I always look for lower level seats, usually near the top of the lower section. More pricey, but I love the view and near other X friends.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 11-19-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

LaGuardia is going through MAJOR updates/construction. It is a mess. You can take a bus from that airport to the subways but it's a little overwhelming for a first timer... unless you get super lucky and get some help from a local, which we were able to get some help from. Uber/Lyft is also a mess at LaGuardia and when we landed the surge pricing was about a $150 trip to Manhattan... hence the bus/subway route we opted for. Newark is a much more user friendly airport at this time. We flew back home from Newark and did the Uber thing for about $40 or $50. As MOR states, a train to and from is also very viable. Also agree, NEVER rent a car. Public transportation is by far the best way to get around, it's quicker and much cheaper in the short run and the long run. A car is such a huge liability. If you want to sight see then don't assume you can pack it all in to one day. 9/11 memorial, Statue of Liberty, Broadway, Central Park, Wall Street etc... so many things to experience, but they all take time to appreciate, so if you want to capture it all then maybe build in an extra day. Same day tickets for a Broadway show is a money saver, but if you want to see Lion King, Hamilton etc then you've got to plan ahead and will be paying full price +
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

They are selling out those games and then it is on the scalpers. If the big draws get knocked out people start dumping seats. If they stay in the prices skyrockets. Pick your poison. I have never got the $150 seats but that seems like a pretty good deal. Especially if you can get them electronically and sell some of the sessions that you may not attend.

My oldest is a Freshman at The Ohio State University. I have no idea if he wants to go to Manhattan again. He may want to do his own thing on Spring Break. I am a big fan of just being in Manhattan. What a wonderful place to visit.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

My wife’s works about half her time in NYC. If I can manage to get her there during that time with a free hotel, that works for me! I’ve been to a bunch of NCAA tournaments, but the BE would be new and different.