Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville

UD getting passed over for Wichita State is the thing that has to really sting. As much as MOR hates it, the American is at least a viable basketball conference so long as it sticks together in its current form. The A-10 is a disaster. VCU might cause Juan Bid to make an appearance. And he could be a regular visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    UD getting passed over for Wichita State is the thing that has to really sting. As much as MOR hates it, the American is at least a viable basketball conference so long as it sticks together in its current form. The A-10 is a disaster. VCU might cause Juan Bid to make an appearance. And he could be a regular visitor.
    Totally agree.

The KEY problem remains what it has always been: lack of comprehensive alignment among member institutions. At the very least, for a second tier conference to have any chance at all at looking respectable and remaining sustainable, its members must invest in facilities and take basketball seriously. Fordham and LossSalle, in particular, are billboards for "don't care" and "have no money", respectively.

Try attracting top=shelf recruits to play at those place.
    X A V I E R

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Dead....in their Red Sweaters...on Spectrum News 1
    Fixed that for you.

Clearly y'all didn't pay any attention to the thread where it was pointed out we should talk nice about other programs.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Clearly y'all didn't pay any attention to the thread where it was pointed out we should talk nice about other programs.
    Paul, do you believe VD’s basketball organization rises to the level of program?
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    the A-10 is really good this year. maybe better than the american, which it has been multiple times. really not much of difference as far as dayton is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    the A-10 is really good this year. maybe better than the american, which it has been multiple times. really not much of difference as far as dayton is concerned
    You have got to be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Paul, do you believe VD’s basketball organization rises to the level of program?
    I'll get back to you. Could take some thought.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Dude, be sure and have your house checked for lead.

The A10 is better than it was a year ago, but this year's SoCon is also better than the A10 was a year ago.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I wonder if the Cryer faithful are close to going off a ledge at this point. Absolutely left behind - - a lot of them probably thought VD had a chance at moving up, when it had virtually zero chance of having that happen when the NBE formed.

At any rate, UCONN joins the BE and the conference locks in at 11 for the foreseeable duration, making it one more major conference to go to a 20-game schedule, leaving VD with what must be some serious scheduling issues. UDUMP must have a comical slate of games lined up for this season, which means that VD cannot slip up once if it wants to make the NCAAT.

Poor Cryers.
    That may be how the fans feel. I don't think anyone in the department or any of the current coaches really care all that much. Their scheduling is the same as it's always been. They want to play 18 home games, which means they have to buy a bunch of games against bad teams. The fans then complain about how no one good will play them, but the coaches and admin seem to care a lot more about 18 home games than they do about playing good teams. So....it's the same.

Truth be told, I think they actually prefer a narrative where they would be good if only good teams would play them and if only they hadn't been left behind to the actual reality of playing good teams and not being left behind and then losing all the time.
    Last edited by xubrew; 11-20-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White