Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville

This thread descended from Louisville all the way to VD and the A10 vs other porcelain conferences.

What is the connection?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    This thread descended from Louisville all the way to VD and the A10 vs other porcelain conferences.

What is the connection?
    If you read through the thread, it's clearly paul's fault. He's a real troublemaker!

So, getting the discussion back to Louisville....

If Dayton played Louisville, I'd be for Dayton.

When Louisville plays Kentucky, I'm for Louisville.

If Louisville were to ever play Ohio State, I'd be for Louisville.

Other than that, I can't think of any teams that I wouldn't root for if they were playing Louisville. So, it kinda sucks for me that they're as good as they are. That seems to be how it always works out. All the teams that I dislike are usually really good.
    Last edited by xubrew; 11-20-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Teams I'd root for Louisville against (in men's basketball; in every other sport Xavier is the only team I'd root for against Louisville):

Kentucky
    Cincinnati
    Dayton
    Dook
    North Carolina
    Kansas
    Indiana

(By the way, this list expanded by 6 with the shift from Pitino to Mack)

Agree with Duke and Kansas. Not really a fan of them either.

I do like Scott Satterfield a lot, and will almost always root for Louisville in football. I did not feel that way about them until he got there.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If you read through the thread, it's clearly paul's fault. He's a real troublemaker!
    I resemble that remark. Time for reflection session boys and girls.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

AAC hasn't been playing as well so far this season. Usually a little better.

Torvik has in his conference T-rank, A-10 8th, AAC 9th, and MAC 10th.

Can we stop posting about Mack and Louisville? This is especially annoying on Twitter. He left behind his alma mater, his hometown city and something he will never have at UofL which is a legacy. I am happy with Steele and this infatuation with Mack has to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuchman View Post
    Can we stop posting about Mack and Louisville? This is especially annoying on Twitter. He left behind his alma mater, his hometown city and something he will never have at UofL which is a legacy. I am happy with Steele and this infatuation with Mack has to end.
    Yep... I get both sides. There was a lot of angst when Miller left for Arizona, but Mack was quick to point out early on that if it wasn't for Sean, then he would have never had the opportunity to lead Xavier. That turned out pretty well. I'm in the same camp now. If Mack didn't have the success he had, which led to further investment in facilities, the Big East etc then we wouldn't have Travis now. We wouldn't have the recruiting classes we've had come in this year and next. The future is very bright for this program, and that doesn't happen without the fortunate coaching staffs, administration support, and the sacrifices and hard work of decades of student athletes winning and competing on the court for the past 30+ years. It seems like we run into the sames teams in the NCAA tournament first of all because Xavier MAKES the tournament... that's the critical piece, but also because those other teams also make the tournament and advance past the opening game. We all would love a Final Four and a National Championship, but I'd rather get it this way with a .750 winning percentage over the past 20+ years than be a flash in the pan and be largely forgotten about after an unexpected run in the tournament (VCU, Wichita State, Loyola).
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

F*ck that back-stabbing P.O.S. and F*ck his whore-mongering, money-laundering, illiterate team.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.