Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville

We've also played K-State twice, Texas twice, Georgetown twice, UCLA twice, Notre Dame twice, Maryland twice, and Gonzaga twice.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    We haven't played Louisville in 16 years. No one on the roster was even five years old yet. The only two teams I can think of that we've played more than once in the tournament are Pitt and Florida State.
    I guess I should rephrase a little, feels like we have potential match-ups with the same teams, the second Florida State year we had another potential match up with Gonzaga right? We also have played Arizona twice in the tournament as well, lost once and obviously beat them on the way to the Elite 8. Would have matched up with Wisconsin if we did beat them, who obviously we had a couple years back. I wasn't saying Louisville in general, but saying that the NCAA Tournament bracket seems to have some storyline undertones sprinkled in "Sean Miller vs Chris Mack," so I could very much see them being like "hmm, Mack vs Steele?"

I can't believe I forgot about Arizona.

I wish we played Louisville. At least on occasion. If I were made king for a day and was told that I could have my pick of any team in the country to schedule a series with it would probably be Louisville.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

A little humor regarding seeds. Lunardi has Dayton as a play in game in his latest bracket.

That's a true home game for the tournament.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    As much as we'd prefer to forget the Wisconsin loss, Xavier did beat Wisconsin back in 2009. So go ahead and add them to the x2 club.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Also safe to say that Xavier has yet to play a team three or more times in the NCAA Tournament.

Good call on Wisky. Forgot about the win over them in '09.

F Louisewer.

Every day and twice on Sunday.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    A little humor regarding seeds. Lunardi has Dayton as a play in game in his latest bracket.

That's a true home game for the tournament.
    I wonder if the Cryer faithful are close to going off a ledge at this point. Absolutely left behind - - a lot of them probably thought VD had a chance at moving up, when it had virtually zero chance of having that happen when the NBE formed.

At any rate, UCONN joins the BE and the conference locks in at 11 for the foreseeable duration, making it one more major conference to go to a 20-game schedule, leaving VD with what must be some serious scheduling issues. UDUMP must have a comical slate of games lined up for this season, which means that VD cannot slip up once if it wants to make the NCAAT.

Poor Cryers.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I wonder if the Cryer faithful are close to going off a ledge at this point. Absolutely left behind - - a lot of them probably thought VD had a chance at moving up, when it had virtually zero chance of having that happen when the NBE formed.

At any rate, UCONN joins the BE and the conference locks in at 11 for the foreseeable duration, making it one more major conference to go to a 20-game schedule, leaving VD with what must be some serious scheduling issues. UDUMP must have a comical slate of games lined up for this season, which means that VD cannot slip up once if it wants to make the NCAAT.

Poor Cryers.
    Dead....in their Red Sweaters...on ESPN+
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell