Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    D1 level players should be able to consistently drop open 3's - we've had a ton of wide open misses. That doesn't give me alot of confidence that the percentages will rise. It would be different if we were missing contested and tough threes, but we've had a TON of wide open looks and they're still this bad percentage wise.
    I think that's the point that Steele was trying to make- a lot of these threes are really good looks. They just have to make a few.

You know, I also wonder how much of that comment was the fact that Steele is a player's coach. He doesn't seem like he's going to openly rip the guys in public in a press conference or anything, and that's probably better for team morale and wanting to play for a coach. Also, that zone kind of forced us to take threes last game, which seems to be a smart game plan against us. Obviously we have some shooting woes, getting KyKy is going to be huge, but I still think some guys like Bishop, Moore, Carter, etc. will see their averages rise. I'm not so sure about Naji, Scruggs, and Q just because it's been so... weird with their three point shooting over the past couple seasons.

If KyKy becomes the "known" shooter, what is not to stop defenses from only guarding him outside and let all the others shoot? Plus as a frosh, he might feel obligated to let juniors and seniors to have the ball.

We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    If KyKy becomes the "known" shooter, what is not to stop defenses from only guarding him outside and let all the others shoot? Plus as a frosh, he might feel obligated to let juniors and seniors to have the ball.

We shall see...
    Nothing......except that unlike the last designated “shooter” of a similar size, he can actually drive and dunk. If teams try to guard him by pressing him he will go right around them, and he’s not afraid to take it to the rim with authority.

We will see....

If he's going to announce his presence with authority...let's call him Nuke.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If he's going to announce his presence with authority...let's call him Nuke.

Now that's a great idea, but a tad late.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Hah!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

KyKy driving past Villanova or Creighton defenders to always dunk on them will be special to see.

He is no longer in Kansas, ToTo!