Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier v. Missouri State (November 15, 2019) Charleston Classic

Xavier University Musketeers (3-0,0-0) vs. Missouri State (2-1,0-0)
    Friday, November 15, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
    Cintas Center, Cincinnati

Live Chat (TBD)

Television: FSN

Xavier Radio:
    Xavier Gameday App (available in your phone's app store) with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman ('79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin ('88).

Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com. Fan stats at GoXavier.com.

______

Xavier rallied to beat Missouri to improve to 3-0 on the season. (Link)
    Missouri State Defeated Cleveland State. (Link)

Tiger Media:

Missouri State Athletics Homepage (Link)
    Missouri State on Twitter (Link)
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Looks like X is breaking out the script "Xavier" jerseys from the Spain trip. Personally, I think they're terrible, but if I'm not mistaken, they don't have player names on the back, so should help with the team's connectivity and offensive flow. Great move by Steele, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Looks like X is breaking out the script "Xavier" jerseys from the Spain trip. Personally, I think they're terrible, but if I'm not mistaken, they don't have player names on the back, so should help with the team's connectivity and offensive flow. Great move by Steele, IMO.
    I wasn't a huge fan of what they looked like either, I thought those were practice jerseys hahah. I'm just hoping we can take care of business and have a good turkey tournament showing, I always liked these, but it seems in years past we haven't performed up to standard in them. Happy with the win over a decent Missouri team, now let's conquer the state.

Coach better game plan to smother Keandre Cook or this one could get interesting. He's a long/athletic 6'5" SG and is hot as a popcorn fart....especially from distance going 9-17 at a 53% clip but he can score inside the arc as well, going 9-15 on his deuces. Also not good to send him to the line as he's 13-14 from the stripe.....put that all together and he's pretty much the exact opposite of anyone we have stat wise. He is nicely paired with a decent facilitator in junior transfer Tyrik Dixon who averaged over 100 assists in his first 2 seasons at MTSU.

They have some decent pieces in the frontcourt also. Cincinnati boy and WVU grad transfer Lamont West was very productive for Hugs, scoring nearly 1000 points in 3 years for the Mountaineers. He's used to P6 competition, so he will certainly be a concern tonight. The other 6'8" big Da Silva has been Mr. Glass so far.

Now that Loyola has been exposed, the Bears could be viewed as the favorites to win the MVC. This is the 1st of 3 straight against the P6, so they'll get there chance to prove something. Hoping for a good ol' fashion was whoppin' but if our offensive numbers remain stagnant we'll likely have another nail biter.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-15-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Doesn't appear to this point that we missed much with Ridder. He played 6 minutes in their loss to UALR and scored one point. He's DNP'd the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Doesn't appear to this point that we missed much with Ridder. He played 6 minutes in their loss to UALR and scored one point. He's DNP'd the last two.
    Yeah, and all that energy spent on the vial criticism on his de-commitment by some here was a big fat nothing burger!

I wonder if he will get booed?

Doesn't look like he'll get announced. Apparently he's hurt.

I can't remember. Didn't he show up on campus and then leave shortly thereafter? Sort of a Richie Sutherland situation (that's going DEEP in the bank!).

Yeah, wasn't someone here raggin' on him for leaving because he missed his mommy?

Gotta tell you.
    I went back and “Checked the Tape” of the Missouri game. It was damn ugly up until when Naji made the 3. But after that, X did all the right things and played impressively. Stopped jacking shots, took the ball to the rack, made their frees and played solid lockdown defense.
    Let’s hope that is what we see from now. (With hopefully better shooting thrown in)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Tonight is a good night to 'set things right'. The core four need to step up. I don't expect a whole lot out of Q except some lockdown defense, but the other three need to start living up to their expectations. With the other pieces, growing pains are to be expected.

Naji, Tyrique and Paul need to man up tonight. I expect they will.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.