Walk-On

Seton Hall v MSU

Miles Powell is having unbelievable game against MSU. Hall down 3 with 3.4 to go but Powell has 37 points. Nearly impossible to stop him.

Ended up losing by 3, but what a game by Powell.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Had that old school nostalgic college hoops feel with 2 incredible senior guards going at it. That was an amazing game from start to finish.
    Run the table.

Supporting Member
    I was at the game last night. It was like March Madness. The Pirates put on quite a show and did the Big East proud. Their students and fans are finally supporting the team. Student section was completely filled and they opened the upper deck at Pru Center. Announced crowd was 14,000+(record for SHU at Pru). It was a terrific game and the Powell/Winston battle in the second half reminded me of the old Larry Bird Dominique Wilkens battle at Boston Gardens. Powell has "in the gym range". The ankle did not appear to bother him at all. They are probably the deepest BE team and can go 1-10 without missing a beat.

SHU has a new promo this year by a local South Orange burger joint. From the under 8 minute TO to end of game, if an opposing player misses his 2 free throws the whole house gets a free burger the next day. Several times guys missed the from end of Free Throws. The place erupted on the second shot. You could not hear in the place. I forget who was shooting but 1 Mich St guy did miss 2 and the place when crazy. Everyone will be eating good in South Orange today!

Our league is going to be great this year. SHU has already announce the opening of the upper deck for league games against Nova, St. John's Marquette and Xavier. They are also close to opening for Georgetown. Those teams all have big local alumni base in this area. Hope that Muskie Nation can get to Pru on 2/1/20

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    SHU has a new promo this year by a local South Orange burger joint. From the under 8 minute TO to end of game, if an opposing player misses his 2 free throws the whole house gets a free burger the next day. Several times guys missed the from end of Free Throws. The place erupted on the second shot. You could not hear in the place. I forget who was shooting but 1 Mich St guy did miss 2 and the place when crazy. Everyone will be eating good in South Orange today!
    Wofford does this with Bojangles. The students love it.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    I was at the game last night. It was like March Madness. The Pirates put on quite a show and did the Big East proud. Their students and fans are finally supporting the team. Student section was completely filled and they opened the upper deck at Pru Center. Announced crowd was 14,000+(record for SHU at Pru). It was a terrific game and the Powell/Winston battle in the second half reminded me of the old Larry Bird Dominique Wilkens battle at Boston Gardens. Powell has "in the gym range". The ankle did not appear to bother him at all. They are probably the deepest BE team and can go 1-10 without missing a beat.

Our league is going to be great this year. SHU has already announce the opening of the upper deck for league games against Nova, St. John's Marquette and Xavier. They are also close to opening for Georgetown. Those teams all have big local alumni base in this area. Hope that Muskie Nation can get to Pru on 2/1/20
    I was at the JP tip back slam game . Prudential can get rocking when it wants to.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    I was at the JP tip back slam game . Prudential can get rocking when it wants to.
    I see what you did there.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.