Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Merrimack standing no chance vs. Providence tonight. Their lead in the second half is 29 points.
    EDIT: Final difference is 37 points!

Providence's defensive efficiency has been so strong thus far this season, they are leading the Big East in overall adjusted efficiency.
    That category continues in order with:
    2 Villanova
    3 Seton Hall
    4 Marquette
    5 Xavier
    6 Creighton
    7 Butler
    8 Georgetown
    9 Depaul
    10 St. John's

Georgetown has the worst defensive efficiency, but their offense has made up the difference, so far.

Creighton has had the strongest offensive efficiency so far. A lot of this is depending on who the opponent is, also, and I'm not sure how clear of a picture these numbers are showing.

Xavier, for what it's worth, is sitting kind of in the middle due to its scoring issues. If we were knocking down just a slightly higher percentage, our defense would move us to the top.
    Last edited by sirthought; 11-19-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Merrimack standing no chance vs. Providence tonight. Their lead in the second half is 29 points.

Providence's defensive efficiency has been so strong thus far this season, they are leading the Big East in overall adjusted efficiency.
    That category continues in order with:
    2 Villanova
    3 Seton Hall
    4 Marquette
    5 Xavier
    6 Creighton
    7 Butler
    8 Georgetown
    9 Depaul
    10 St. John's

Georgetown has the worst defensive efficiency, but their offense has made up the difference, so far.

Creighton has had the strongest offensive efficiency so far. A lot of this is depending on who the opponent is, also, and I'm not sure how clear of a picture these numbers are showing.

Xavier, for what it's worth, is sitting kind of in the middle due to its scoring issues. If we were knocking down just a slightly higher percentage, our defense would move us to the top.
    Is this a D1 school? Doesn't sound like one. Why is Providence playing these clowns??

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Is this a D1 school? Doesn't sound like one. Why is Providence playing these clowns??
    I think this is their first year as D1. They could be the next NKU! The school is about the size of Xavier.

Merrimack beat Northwestern.

I guess they are D2. They have good records during the past 3 years but no BE school should be playing d2 schools. It doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I guess they are D2. They have good records during the past 3 years but no BE school should be playing d2 schools. It doesn't help.
    This is their first year as D1, but they won't be a full member until 2023-2024. Northeast Conference.

Well I think it's just sweet of Providence to welcome the Merrimak Warriors to real D1 basketball by handing them a 37 point lesson.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Columbia missing Myles Hanson tonight against St. John's. Down big.

11/21/2019____Thu

#17 Villanova beat Middle Tenn State by 29 points. Cole Swider—still coming off the bench—went 6-11 from three, to score 26 points, with seven rebounds. Wildcats had few holes in their game in this one.

Georgetown vs. #22 Texas

BTW, conference record is 31-3
    Last edited by sirthought; 11-21-2019 at 04:34 PM.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Columbia missing Myles Hanson tonight against St. John's. Down big.
    They missed him more against Wake T. Forest