Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    YoutubeTV is going up to $65 per month. They "justify" the increase because the are adding channels like MTV, CMT, VH1, Paramount, etc. It's starting to be just like cable again.
    Well, good while it lasted. Still cheaper than DirecTV. We haven't missed anything about DirecTV. Granted, there haven't been many sports recently...

Junior
    We pay $125 a month for Dtv and high speed internet. I looked at other options but by the time you pay for high speed internet, none of the options are worth switching.

Supporting Member
    YouTube tv really pissed me off today and yeah with high speed internet it's now going to add up to what I used to pay for cable. It was a good ride.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    YoutubeTV is going up to $65 per month. They "justify" the increase because the are adding channels like MTV, CMT, VH1, Paramount, etc. It's starting to be just like cable again.
    Not quite but I get your point.

Still cheaper than what I was paying for Dish and Cable Internet. But it's getting much closer.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Yeah I think we're going to drop it until college basketball starts up again. That's the main reason I pay for it. The rest of the stuff is just wasting time and I can watch shows easily over the air or saved through DVR software.

Junior
    We dropped DTV last year for YTTV. I really like it. It's got everything we need and the unlimited DVR and 6 screens is cool. But a 30% increase irked me gave me pause. I still have the Dish up and DTV didn't even want my old equipment back (I was with them for @ 6 years). The viable competitors (Hulu, AT&T and FUBO) are $10 cheaper - for now. Now sure it's worth it to switch. One thing I am doing is ordering an HD antenna. Until they sort out all the content bundling BS we'll see more of the same from YTTV and others.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

I was a happy DirecTV customer, but I was paying $150 a month for it - 3 TV's, 4K, whole home DVR.

So, I'm not thrilled by the price increase, but YouTube TV is still WAY better on my pocketbook.

Hey all. Just wanted to chime in here with a Sling TV deal. If you sign up for two months, you can get an AirTV Mini, free with subscription. In the past they have offered various media sticks, at different times, with different subscription packages. Two months costs you $60, for their basic Orange or Blue Plan. Sling TV Website (Scroll to bottom for deal)

Orange Plan (Sports Channels):
    ESPN
    ESPN2
    ESPN3
    Stadium
    TNT

Blue Plan (Sports Channels):
    NFL Network
    NBCSN
    NBC Sports
    FS1
    Stadium
    TNT

The AirTv Mini is basically a stripped down, simplified version of a ROKU stick OR Amazon Firestick. It loads into Sling TV programming on its main interface, but also offers Netflix, YouTube, and many other features "out of the box", from the main screen. Coupled with an AirTV box (not mini), you can also incorporate local channels into your programming from one location using a digital antenna (rabbit ears, rooftop antenna).

IMHO, Sling TV is great for the offseason. Not so much when the Musketeers are playing. However, this is a good deal for those without a smart TV (and a decent wireless connection throughout their home).

My YouTubeTV restarted yesterday. I paused it months ago and must have picked yesterday to resume because there were supposed to be college football games.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."