Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Can you get your local channels without an antenna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Yes, they are in the Hulu lineup for my area I guess.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Nice. I just checked here and I could get all but one of the local channels, but it’s one I do watch on occasion. Star 64 carries the FC Cincinnati MLS games, except them they’re on ESPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

This link is pretty cool. Tells you who has the most local stations in your area with streaming. Looks like YouTube TV is the only service that carries Star 64.

https://thestreamable.com/markets/cincinnati-oh/wstr

So, have finally cut the cord.
    Did a 7 day Hulu trial and it seemed to have everything we needed.
    Did the standard call to Charter/Spectrum to cancel TV portion; 30 year customer, why do keep raising rates, yada, yada,....
    Asked them why they didn't have a cafeteria type streaming plan. Oh, but of course we do said the guy...we just don't promote it.

They have a streaming service called Spectrum Select or something. Has about 100+ channels on it, including ones I couldn't get with the Expanded Basic (Golf channel, FS2, NBCSports, and all the local broadcast channels,etc.)

So my bill which was $196/mo will go to $120/mo (internet and TV). Either I'm an idiot for staying with them (big increases next year), or they're idiots for not promoting this service and losing customers to Hulu, Youtube, etc.

I'm going to spend this year's $900 savings on bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm going to spend this year's $900 savings on bourbon.
    ❤️
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Returned my cable boxes today with a lot of others in line doing the same.

Heard a Spectrum employee say to a co-worker "everybody's going to streaming services."

A little warning for those using YouTube Tv on Roku. Guess there is a contract dispute between Roku and YouTube/Google. Please do not remove then try to reinstall the YouTube tv app on your Roku home page because it is no longer an option. However, you can still use the original YouTube app, but takes about 8 more clicks to get there. Trying to help daughter tonight with her login problems and ran into this situation. Not sure why I’ve become the tech guy in the family since my first exposure to computers was FORTRAN.

YouTube working good so far. Am going to try Verizon’s 5G modem/router to drop Charter internet that just went from $69 to $85.
    Don’t know how well it will work, and big drawback is having to change all email stuff since my email is charter.net.

Did they ever straighten out the Disney/Charter nonsense? Glad I had YouTube. Would think that might cost them some customers.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It's still going on. In fact, Disney/ESPN is trying to steer Spectrum customers towards signing up for Hulu+ TV. Spectrum, in turn, is encouraging people to switch over to FuboTV for streaming. I can't recall the last time a major cable provider has played hardball with ESPN.

But also keep in mind that ESPN made the first move by yanking their channels (and Disney) off of Spectrum to begin with. There were times when YouTubeTV and FuboTV were briefly cut off from ESPN for a couple of days, but nothing to the extent of what's happening right now.

I'm also going to go to the T-Mobile store and see what high-speed Internet options they have. Cincinnati Bell/Altafiber doesn't have anything over 5 MBPS in our area, which is DSL speed in a broadband world.