Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    So all TV's must be a smart TV's or have a streaming device? Is it that simple? What about internet speed? Assuming you need to beef that up some.

Anything else?
    Not all need to be Smart TV’s. You can go to Wal Mart and get a ROKU for $39. Internet speed is a must. I have an old house with plaster walls. The internet connection sucks. But can’t blame that on Hulu. Definitely looking to beef up router and connections at my house.

If you have a decent internet connection and are paying for cable or Directv and decide to switch, you will definitely be kicking yourself for not switching earlier.

I want to “cut the cord”, and ditch DirecTV

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I have been wanting to pull the plug on cable for a while but have gotten way to comfortable (see: lazy) with my fioptics and all, plus, the son works for CB - not that he gets a kickback or anything. But y'all have inspired me, as you so often do, to make the move (I am almost certain to have a warm, fuzzy, tingly feeling all over - up and down my leg, even, by this time tomorrow....I'll keep you posted....please stand by).
    You will definitely be scratching your head why you didn’t do it earlier. And then ponder the hundreds or even thousands of dollars you wasted for cable. I have literally more channels with Hulu Live than I did with Spectrum. Except AMC. And it’s 45.99 a month. And I don’t work for Hulu. It’s essentially cable tv at more than half the cost.

You can also get the Hulu app on your phone or tablet and watch live TV that way...
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 11-13-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Looks like Hallmark isn’t available with YouTube TV. That would be a problem for my wife, especially this time of year with all the Christmas movies they show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Junior
    Another vote for YouTube TV. I did their trial and have had it for about 6 weeks. Should have done it a lot sooner. Saving over $100/mo. As for the Hallmark channel - I'm guessing you can get some of the content straight off their website. You'd have to cast it to your TV if she doesn't want to watch on a computer or phone. Chromecast is $30 or less which would allow you to that. ROKU as well although that's a streaming device all on its own. If all that fails you could subscribe to another service (i.e. Sling) that carries Hallmark for just the holiday season. You'd still likely be saving money over DirecTV.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Count me in the group who is kicking themselves for not doing it sooner. With YouTubeTV I say about $150/month compared to what I was paying for DirecTV.

Only think I miss out on (and not really since I use my parent's login for their directv on my roku) is NFL Sunday ticket to watch (why??) the Giants.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Looks like Hallmark isn’t available with YouTube TV. That would be a problem for my wife, especially this time of year with all the Christmas movies they show.

Looks like you can pay for Hallmark movies per month for $5.99 or $50 for the year. You can do this straight through their website or through something like Amazon Prime. November and December for the season and save the money for ten months.

Actually YouTubeTV, I guess through Fox and maybe some others, seems to have a ton of movies on demand.

Do YouTube and Hulu stream your local ABC/CBS and NBC channels?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Not all need to be Smart TV’s. You can go to Wal Mart and get a ROKU for $39. Internet speed is a must. I have an old house with plaster walls. The internet connection sucks. But can’t blame that on Hulu. Definitely looking to beef up router and connections at my house.

If you have a decent internet connection and are paying for cable or Directv and decide to switch, you will definitely be kicking yourself for not switching earlier.
    Sorry for an elementary question but what do you do for your internet connection since you left Spectrum?
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Sorry for the tangent, but I’m ready to cut the cord on my land line. The only thing that happens there is 4-6 robocalls/day. We block those numbers, but they just keep coming.....just had another. MAKE IT STOP!!!

I still keep a landline for no other reason than if something happens and I dial 911, they know right where I am. The older I get, the more important that becomes!

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.