Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    The Hulu app is already on my Samsung TV's.
    Can you just load the YouTube app onto them , or do you need to buy the stick thing?
    You can certainly search and see if you can download the app, but I have found that unless your tv is really new...as in you bought the latest model as of a year ago if not sooner, the youtube app wont be on your tv. So, you'll have to get a device such as a roku etc. I have rokus on my TVs and the setup is extremely easy and user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You can certainly search and see if you can download the app, but I have found that unless your tv is really new...as in you bought the latest model as of a year ago if not sooner, the youtube app wont be on your tv. So, you'll have to get a device such as a roku etc. I have rokus on my TVs and the setup is extremely easy and user friendly.
    I have several amazon fire products. They are also easy to set up.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I have several amazon fire products. They are also easy to set up.
    At the moment I dont think the Amazon Fire Sticks have youtubeTV. I read they were making some sort of agreement but when I looked several months ago the date which that might happen was still a ways off.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    At the moment I dont think the Amazon Fire Sticks have youtubeTV. I read they were making some sort of agreement but when I looked several months ago the date which that might happen was still a ways off.
    I have amazone firesticks and have the youtube tv app on them. You have to search for youtube tv in the amazon store, and it will come up. There is a seaprate youtube app which makes it all confuding. But can confirm you can do so on a firestick (that is not modified) currently. I used the app this morning.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I have amazone firesticks and have the youtube tv app on them. You have to search for youtube tv in the amazon store, and it will come up. There is a seaprate youtube app which makes it all confuding. But can confirm you can do so on a firestick (that is not modified) currently. I used the app this morning.
    Good to know!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Well, just got an email saying that Hulu Live will be going from $45/month to $55/month starting in December.

Certainly annoying but I guess it (plus internet) is still cheaper than what I paid with Comcast for both services.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    Well, just got an email saying that Hulu Live will be going from $45/month to $55/month starting in December.

Certainly annoying but I guess it (plus internet) is still cheaper than what I paid with Comcast for both services.
    Received the same notice today. Might be getting a little too "pricey" for comfort. But, as long as I get my Xavier basketball, I'm happy. (Usually switch back to Sling after season ends).

FYI, if you "cut the cord". grab a digital antenna for local broadcasts. They are cheap and connect to your traditional coax connection (back of your tv). In my experience, the reception is better than cable (if you live within 30-45 miles of a major city).

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post

Hmmmm.....didn’t get that email. Maybe because I’ve been signed up less than a year?

Sad that the streaming channels are now playing the same game they have been successfully bringing down.

Guess I’ll just keep switching providers. Getting into streaming opened my eyes. I won’t get hosed by cable anymore. Now it looks like I’ll have to keep ahead of the game on streaming services so I don’t feel like a sucker again.

I'm not seeing FSN on the youtube line-up. Am I missing something?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I'm not seeing FSN on the youtube line-up. Am I missing something?
    I have all the regional sports channels. In Indianapolis, I get Fox Sports Indiana, Fox Sports Ohio and NBC Sports Chicago.

Did you mean FS1? FS1 and FS2 are on there.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."