Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Sorry for an elementary question but what do you do for your internet connection since you left Spectrum?
    I'd like to know this too. Our internet connection sucks and is slow - we use Cincinnati Bell. They don't have Fioptics in our area. If we switched to streaming, what should we do internet connection wise?

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I still keep a landline for no other reason than if something happens and I dial 911, they know right where I am. The older I get, the more important that becomes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. That, and every once in a while I need to call my cell phone to find it. That’s about it!

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I still keep a landline for no other reason than if something happens and I dial 911, they know right where I am. The older I get, the more important that becomes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You might want to check into Smart 911 and can the landline:

https://www.denvergov.org/content/de.../smart911.html
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Do YouTube and Hulu stream your local ABC/CBS and NBC channels?
    YouTube TV has all local channels. Not sure about Hulu.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Sorry for an elementary question but what do you do for your internet connection since you left Spectrum?
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I'd like to know this too. Our internet connection sucks and is slow - we use Cincinnati Bell. They don't have Fioptics in our area. If we switched to streaming, what should we do internet connection wise?
    When I had DirecTV I had Cincinnati Bell for internet. When I cut the cord I knew I would need a higher internet speed but I also was getting gouged by Cincinnati Bell already. So I saw an online offer for Spectrum (who I despise) for a year or two of super high speed at a discounted price (less than what I was paying for a slower speed with Cincinnati Bell). So I called Cincinnati Bell to tell them I was going to cancel due to this better deal with Spectrum and they transferred me to someone who set up the exact same deal for me with Cincinnati Bell. So I got a big bump in internet speed and my price went down. It was nice to not to have to switch but I only got it for a year.

When that year is up I will find another deal from Spectrum and call to cancel my Cincinnati Bell and if they match I will stay and if not I will leave for Spectrum.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    YouTube TV has all local channels. Not sure about Hulu.
    Thanks
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Do YouTube and Hulu stream your local ABC/CBS and NBC channels?
    Yes, Hulu has local ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox.

We got rid of Spectrum cable but kept Spectrum internet. It’s ludicrously high, but at least we are saving around $70 a month with Hulu.

For those of you that have YouTube or Hulu:

Do you have access to all the Reds games?

What about NFL RedZone?

After reading this thread, I feel like I might trial both Hulu and YouTube for a few months to see which I like better. Even having BOTH will still save me money if I kick out DirecTV. Can't believe how much money we've given them over the years.