Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I'm also a little confused about the internet access necessary for YouTubeTV (or any other streaming service, for that matter). I should probably consult my grandchildren but that would be embarrassing and the anonymity of this forum is slightly less humiliating.

Besides, they're just after my money....HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (when I'm gone all anyone will inherit is DEBT).
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I'm also a little confused about the internet access necessary for YouTubeTV (or any other streaming service, for that matter). I should probably consult my grandchildren but that would be embarrassing and the anonymity of this forum is slightly less humiliating.

Besides, they're just after my money....HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (when I'm gone all anyone will inherit is DEBT).
    I use uverse still for my internet which I'm not a huge fan of, but there arent a whole lot of choices available. My suggestion is to get the highest or next highest speed available of you are going to use youtube tv or hulu or any other streaming service. You still are saving money.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have if you want to pm me.

I guess my disdain for Google as a corporation really hindered my decision from getting YouTube TV when I switched to streaming. After hearing what’s happening with PS Vue from this thread (was happy with service over the past year), I decided to switch to YouTube TV. After a week of viewing, big big fan of the product.

I guess if Google Play can sell Galloway’s “The Four”, I could swallow a little bit of humble pie. BTW, nice book recommendation from Xville and great read.

Ok YouTubeTV peeps. Is the game on today? When I search it says it’s on at 4:00 on YES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tim Hardaway hates Dayton.

I made the move and cut the cord today!

I ended up going with the YouTube TV and really enjoy it. Still having some probs on how the DVR works but you can’t beat it fo $50.00 a month. It even has the Reds games which is a plus.

Internet is $70.00 through Spectrum, but It will be close to a hundred dollar savings each month.

Thanks for all the tips!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BENWAR View Post
    I made the move and cut the cord today!

I ended up going with the YouTube TV and really enjoy it. Still having some probs on how the DVR works but you can’t beat it fo $50.00 a month. It even has the Reds games which is a plus.

Internet is $70.00 through Spectrum, but It will be close to a hundred dollar savings each month.

Thanks for all the tips!
    You need to get a better internet price. Get a quote from Cincinnati Bell for internet, then tell Spectrum you are leaving. If they match great, if not move to Cincinnati Bell. No reason not to pit the two against each other, I got a great deal from Cincinnati Bell doing that.

congrats on cutting cord though, I did it last year and am so glad I did.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

What are you paying for Internet? I'm at $60, which is up $30 from the bundle price. Doesn't seem outrageous.

I'm pretty sure the $100 in monthly savings has already been squandered on family phone upgrades and Amazon Prime in my house. Oh, well.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    What are you paying for Internet? I'm at $60, which is up $30 from the bundle price. Doesn't seem outrageous.

I'm pretty sure the $100 in monthly savings has already been squandered on family phone upgrades and Amazon Prime in my house. Oh, well.
    $50. Not a huge difference but if you can save $20/month (from his $70) but going to a different provider or at least threatening to might as well. I know some people probably think it a hassle to actually switch and make it not worth savings but you might be able to get them to match and not have to leave.

And yes, I have a new freaking amazon package at my house everyday I swear. But that was happening before I cut the cord lol.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    You need to get a better internet price. Get a quote from Cincinnati Bell for internet, then tell Spectrum you are leaving. If they match great, if not move to Cincinnati Bell. No reason not to pit the two against each other, I got a great deal from Cincinnati Bell doing that.

congrats on cutting cord though, I did it last year and am so glad I did.
    Unfortunately, my house is one of four in our cul de sac that doesn’t have the option to get Cincinnati Bell Fioptics. Sounds like the signal strength wasn’t strong enough for me to get it and it wasn’t worth Cincinnati Bell to add something so we could have it.

Spectrum could raise it to a hundred bucks a month and I don’t know what else I could do.

Sucks!

YoutubeTV is going up to $65 per month. They "justify" the increase because the are adding channels like MTV, CMT, VH1, Paramount, etc. It's starting to be just like cable again.