Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    But as we all know, the ugliest win is always better than the sexiest loss

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Very true. I'd rather a season full the wins last night, than a season full of the K-State losses.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Felt much better last night than I did after K-State in the Sweet Sixteen!

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    .........I have no problem with Naji shooting 8 threes in the flow of the offense (although hard to imagine he would ever do this to be fair). Bishop, Scruggs and Carter went a combined 0-11 last night, but I don't think anyone (rightfully so) has any issue with the looks they took.
    Oh Gawd. Please no with 8 threes a game from Naji. He shot 27% from 3 LAST year. He IS NOT a good shooter from out. He needs to drive and get to the line, kinda like Lord Byron Larkin, who also wasn't a great shooter from out.

Scruggs is not a bad 3 point shooter, and he'll get it back. He shot 38% from 3 last year. Carter shot 34.3% from 3 at OU, so both of them are much better choices. Bishop is a freshman and maybe not the best 3 choice. He shot 33% in high school so, we'll see.

The one Naji made last night was awesome, and give him credit, but it feels like it was the outlier. I've had just about enough "Threeatrics" from Naji.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Naji pulled that one out of his a** last night - and I'm damn glad he did - but I hope it never comes to that ever again because I would not like our odds of achieving a similar outcome.

If Tyrique "has trouble" with bigger players like Tilmon - dominating the Big East is going to be difficult. In fact, I'm not all that sure it had as much to do with Tilmon because he was out for so much of the game. I'm curious why Travis took Tyrique out of the game so much at the same time as Tilmon.

Tyrique was just plain OFF no matter who else was in the game. He seemed slow, entirely uninterested and unmotivated. It was weird!

Like the rest of the game, other than the final outcome, I hope I never have to witness such an occurrence again.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...19-xavier.html

According to the advanced stats here, Goodin and Jones had the worst defensive and offensive ratings.

Jones just needs confidence going hard at guys for inside shots. He's in there, but look hesitant or slightly slow sometimes. Carter honestly wasn't much better, but he hit some free throws, which helped. They just need to fight through this and figure it out.

My fear is the confidence is shot with Goodin. He's in his fourth year and the same issues keep happening. He's been turning it over the most and with Marshall just being more effective at getting either an assist or a score, Goodin is kind of on the outs, as he's not a good spot shooter. We might be better off with Moore spotting up if Marshall is playing point forward.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Naji pulled that one out of his a** last night - and I'm damn glad he did - but I hope it never comes to that ever again because I would not like our odds of achieving a similar outcome.

If Tyrique "has trouble" with bigger players like Tilmon - dominating the Big East is going to be difficult. In fact, I'm not all that sure it had as much to do with Tilmon because he was out for so much of the game. I'm curious why Travis took Tyrique out of the game so much at the same time as Tilmon.

Tyrique was just plain OFF no matter who else was in the game. He seemed slow, entirely uninterested and unmotivated. It was weird!

Like the rest of the game, other than the final outcome, I hope I never have to witness such an occurrence again.
    no idea why freemantle didn't get more run. he had 6 points and 5 boards in 12 minutes and barely played in the second half. he was our best player efficiency wise

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...19-xavier.html

According to the advanced stats here, Goodin and Jones had the worst defensive and offensive ratings.

Jones just needs confidence going hard at guys for inside shots. He's in there, but look hesitant or slightly slow sometimes. Carter honestly wasn't much better, but he hit some free throws, which helped. They just need to fight through this and figure it out.

My fear is the confidence is shot with Goodin. He's in his fourth year and the same issues keep happening. He's been turning it over the most and with Marshall just being more effective at getting either an assist or a score, Goodin is kind of on the outs, as he's not a good spot shooter. We might be better off with Moore spotting up if Marshall is playing point forward.
    i'm just glad quentin is playing tough d. his offense is what it is, but he's locked in on d and with his size he can really give people problems

Tonight's win was fugly.

2nd ugliest win ever?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.