Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ugliest. Win. Ever.

I wish this site worked all night and my my cable didn't. Somehow we won. And we built a shithouse. 3-0. Better than the alternative. Going hiking for a couple days. Hopefully I don't miss the ground when I step out of my car. Did I mention that we are 3-0? Need to keep reminding myself of that.
    No, I be concubining.

When we lose I hate banging on the kids, because they are our kids, and everyone else tends to go off on them. I am defensive and I love our kids.

It is always much better to be critical of them after a win.

My God what a mountain of suck that was. I love the fact that we came back to win the game. Hell Yeah! That builds character and all that. But what a horrible shit show.

I think the defense was very good at times. On offense it looks like these guys never knew each other before tonight, no rhythm.

They have to get better for us to have a chance. That was appalling.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

I'll take 37 more wins just like it...

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    This is not recommend by the American Heart Association
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Sophomore
    That was, awful. I will give the kids credit for having the heart to stick it out and find a way to win. But it never should've gotten to that point in the first place.

I think we need to start drawing up plays for Moore to shoot the 3 (and kyky when he gets back.) Having no 3 pt threat allows the defense to just pack the inside and neuters Goodin, Scruggs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    There isn't enough whiskey.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That was, awful. I will give the kids credit for having the heart to stick it out and find a way to win. But it never should've gotten to that point in the first place.

I think we need to start drawing up plays for Moore to shoot the 3 (and kyky when he gets back.) Having no 3 pt threat allows the defense to just pack the inside and neuters Goodin, Scruggs etc.
    It will be interesting to see how Kyky can help in this area. Is he supposed to be a good 3 point shooter? I didnt follow the recruiting stuff enough to know.

Otherwise I did not come out of that game thinking we need to find a way to shoot more threes.

We need to hit more for sure, and maybe get other guys to shoot the ones we are shooting? But man our 3 point shooting was horrendous.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Kyky can help in this area. Is he supposed to be a good 3 point shooter? I didnt follow the recruiting stuff enough to know.

Otherwise I did not come out of that game thinking we need to find a way to shoot more threes.

We need to hit more for sure, and maybe get other guys to shoot the ones we are shooting? But man our 3 point shooting was horrendous.
    Hes the best shooter on the team, not that that is saying too much, plus that is at practice and what I saw on the high school and AAU circuit.

I think offensively, he is one of the best on the team, but defensively, he may struggle a bit. He was that guy in high school who was so.much better than most teams he played on the offensive end, that he didnt take defense that seriously.

Not that he cant do it, I just think it is going to be a bit of a learning curve for him.

Sophomore

We just need the right people shooting three's. I have no faith when Goodin, Naji or Scruggs puts up a shot. Frankly, I think the 2 year experiment of running both Goodin and Scruggs at the same time has proven to be a failure. Hopefully Steele chooses to start one and use the other as backup. Or KyKy is so good he just takes the job altogether.

Sophomore

... yes. Shot 47% in high school. According to steele he’s been shooting about 48% in practice and the next guy closest is Bryce Moore at 39%. Kyky s a shooter it’s what he does