Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Actually I am pretty impressed by Freemantle and Carter seeming to know exactly what their roles are.
    I think Carter asserting himself more (he started to a bit last night, but couldn't hit anything) will help the flow of the offense greatly. He should be able to facilitate through the post which hopefully will result in less dribbling from the guards. He has the potential to be a second facilitator of sorts - although you could make a compelling argument X doesn't have a primary facilitator so far. Not making any comparison as far as their games are concerned, but Kerem Kanter wasn't exactly inspiring early. Although they don't have to sit a year, it can still take a bit for grad transfers to get in the flow of a new system.

The best chance for the offense to improve is for Carter to assert himself into this role and Tandy to provide a spark in short bursts. Not crazy asks, which is why I remain optimistic about this team. If the offense stays as is (even with improved shooting, which is bound to occur), X is going to be mediocre (obviously).

I was thinking the same thing about the Carter/Kanter comparison (should I be worried). Coach was commenting how he's finally starting to come into his own and expects much more to come. Sounds good to me because he was about the only thing that seemed positive about yesterday except the outcome.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Lots of past X teams would have folded last night and lost. This team was calm and cool. They found a way to dig in and win.
    Solid play. Lots of newcomers are not knowng their role. They will find an identity as games go on. Long way to go.
    Lots of X teams have folded? really? What program are you watching?

This teams going to get better and gel more. When that happens who knows?????? But it is a mystery with 4 guys in the floor having played with each other for as long as they have that they look they way they do. Was not expecting this for sure.