Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reunion Weekend 2019

Spent a long weekend in the city for our class 50th reunion.
    Congrats to Xavier for the wonderful job they did of welcoming us on campus.

Started Friday night with a dinner in the conference room above the court, followed by tickets to the Siena game.
    Saturday was filled with a lot of different activities.
    For many in our class who hadn't been back on campus in years (decades), you can just imagine their surprise at how the physical plant had changed. Would be hard to explain to younger folks how it use to be, and how great it is now compared to the '60's.
    Saturday night was a wonderful dinner for all in the Conaton Board room in Schmidt, and Father Graham was around. I had a brief, and interesting chat with him about being in the BE and the addition of UConn.

When we started at X, there was 3.2 beer at 18. Little different now.
    The one thing that hasn't changed (thank God) is Dana's.
    Although there were suggestions that the 50 year class should go to Listerman's, and the 25 year class to Dana's...that wasn't going to happen. (None of us were ever to Listerman's, obviously)

So, BJ was most accommodating (from our point of view) and took his 25 year class up to the second floor.
    Leaving the class of '69 to reminisce on the ground level. Some younger people showed up...and I'm not sure they knew what to make of us old farts.

But a great time in our old haunt...and many thanks to BJ for the hospitality !

All in all, a great weekend. We spent a lot off money in the All for One shop, relived our great times and renewed old acquaintances.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I had a blast at mine last year. Fellow Muskies you have to attend. The tickets were great and loved the court walk @ halftime. Food was terrific and got to see some old buddies from Husman and Brockman. I love going to Jeff Ruby's, Dana's, Skyline, etc. and man I was sore when I got home from walking all over. I stayed at the new Hilton up the street from Dana's. They have a Reunion weekend deal. Make plans to go. You will have a great time.
    2023 Sweet 16

I heard that Doctor Rock- Dennis Stewart, or Dennis in Dayton to some, Got the student section riled up!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I heard that Doctor Rock- Dennis Stewart, or Dennis in Dayton to some, Got the student section riled up!!
    I saw that pic on Facebook. The students looked like they were having a blast:

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...02&oe=5E5F4BB3

Paul, great to read that you had a great time. The place is truly impressive as it is, but especially so to anyone who was there decades ago and recently back for a visit.
    Last edited by xudash; 11-11-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I saw that pic on Facebook. The students looked like they were having a blast:

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...02&oe=5E5F4BB3

Paul, great to read that you had a great time. The place is truly impressive as it is, but especially so to anyone who was there decades ago and recently back for a visit.

I find that I have to look for a landmark like Bellarmine just to get my bearings at times! The transformation is truly amazing.

They paraded some of the classes across the floor at halftime.
    Was much fun interacting with the student section as we went out below them. They were fired up and appreciative. Nice feelings.
    Bunch of us were sitting around in a hotel bar, and one girl started the:

Give me an X...give me an A...etc,et.
    She got to the end and yelled out real loud...."What does it spell?"

I yelled out even louder..."UC SUCKS!"

Just a great, great weekend.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.