Thread: SHU Attendance

Supporting Member

SHU Attendance

Our Big East partner Seton Hall continues to improve their program. They play their games at the Pru Center with the top tier curtained off. This gives them about 9k in attendance. The last 2 years they have opened the curtain upstairs for just the Villanova game. SHU has announced that this year, they are opening the top for 6 games (Michigan St and Maryland top 25 teams. Villanova, St. Johns and Marquette old BE rivals) and the Xavier Musketeers! We have a way of elevating every league we have played in. SHU was traditionally near the bottom of the BE in attendance, but should top the 10k mark this year. Let's keep this league growing. And with Uconn coming next year, they will boost all team's attendance #'s.

We have had some trouble winning at the Pru Center in the past but have now won there the past 2 years. Our coaches are now getting players from NJ (Naji, Zfree and CJ Wilcher next year). Let's get more X fans to Pru. Show the local recruits that we are a national brand.
    Game is Saturday of Super Bowl weekend. Let's get the "Let's go X chant going in NJ!

Sophomore
    it is an easy ride from Conn so why not.

Japer hopes to make that game this year...
    six foot four & a soph-O-more...

Great post.

The whole is only as strong as the sum of its parts. Every program getting better only makes us better.

Thank God we are distancing ourselves from the days of LaSalle‘s gym and Fordham’s gym and all of those crappy high school gym settings in the A10.
    X A V I E R

I’ll be there with a buddy who graduated from SHU... it should be a good one.

Supporting Member
    As a college hoops junkie I go to 8-10 SHU games with friends/alums. Usually get to see the whole league play throughout the year. Winning does cure everything. AS SHU has improved their program, the attendance has grown. Biggest negative for them is getting students and fans to Newark for home games. Can't beat the Cintas on campus arena. Took one of my SHU buddies to Cintas last year for game with Pirates. He could not believe the arena and being right on campus.

Also took him to Dana's where myself and Master Of Reality took him behind the bar for a photo op.

On another note. Miles Powell rolled his ankle yesterday against Stony Brook and will be out 2-3 weeks. Big loss for Pirates heading into Thursday night game with Sparty. Need to get him healthy so SHU can rep the league in Bahamas against Oregon, Zags and UNC.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Great post.

The whole is only as strong as the sum of its parts. Every program getting better only makes us better.

Thank God we are distancing ourselves from the days of LaSalle‘s gym and Fordham’s gym and all of those crappy high school gym settings in the A10.
    Carnesecca Arena is the only bandbox in the Big East that sees any conference games with a degree of regularity. Seton Hall plays a couple of buy games in Walsh Gym before their regularly scheduled games at Prudential Center (aka The Rock).