Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    Yes, this exactly. This is the main benefit. Most D1 players lose weight and muscle during the season. Miles can focus 100% on strength and eating. And eating some more. And also eating. And eating some more.

And lifting.

And eating some more.
    I could train him on eating, no one is more of an expert on eating than me.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    He also left with a year remaining.

Maybe there is something to be said for only training and working out and not needing to play also? I guess you can maybe work out more without worrying about also having to play? Others would know that answer better than me probably. Will he practice/work out/overall bball schedule be vastly different as a redshirt than a guy who played here and there?

If so and his redshirt year allows him to be that much more prepared for next year than if he played some this year sparingly then I am all for it and whether he stays that 5th year becomes less important I guess.
    The point is though, they got more out of Brown in 3 years than they likely would have in 4 because he got that opportunity to commit a season mostly to weightlifting. So it was worth it. Miles has the potential to be an NBA player just like Brown.

Adding weight to his frame will be interesting to see.... his frame doesn’t look like it will be easy to add weight safely. I would have him shooting all day every day and improve basketball skills as much as possible. He could be the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Adding weight to his frame will be interesting to see.... his frame doesn’t look like it will be easy to add weight safely. I would have him shooting all day every day and improve basketball skills as much as possible. He could be the real deal.
    He kind of has that Anthony Davis frame. But I totally expect him to look like Karl Malone next year!

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    Stop it. That's way up there on my coulda, woulda, shoulda lists. Crawford, Brown, Tu, and Mark. On the same team. Fuuuuuuuuuu....
    I was sick when he left too... Brown... not Miller.

+ Love and McLean on that team

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He kind of has that Anthony Davis frame. But I totally expect him to look like Karl Malone next year!
    Davis at least has broad shoulders. I was think more Chris Bosh at age 18.