Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Minus Scruggs, the offense looked better. Carter is still out of shape but will hopefully show his amazing drive and rebounding skills according to the coaches.
    Kudos to Bishop for rebounding and not being a 1 trick pony.
    Zack is a big kid and will provide offense.
    Moore is fantastic.
    Jones wins the 2 game start MVP.

Last year's defense is now 10 x better.

It may take 3-4 weeks to get Tandy in rhythm or comfortable but right now, he is the 4th guy off the bench.

James looked impressive too yesterday with running the floor, setting plays and dribbling up the court. Nice to see all his effort pay off.
    Miles and all the rest will be sharpening iron in practice.
    Stop panicking. Start panicking if X loses by 15 at home vs. Missouri.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    If the pundits are to be believed, Missouri State (next Friday night) is the best team in Missouri. That may be the tougher test next week.
    Prognosticators are clueless about Mizzou. I think they are actually going to be a top half sec team which is pretty damn good in that league.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Prognosticators are clueless about Mizzou. I think they are actually going to be a top half sec team which is pretty damn good in that league.
    mizzou is gonna be a really tough game

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I think most teams are going to crowd the paint against us... we need shooters in the worst way. Wilcher is going to look like Steph Curry in our eyes if we continue to see the bricklaying on display!
    I think it's gonna get better, Moore seems to have a good shot from the three, Kyky will be back soon enough, etc. If Jones can keep playing like he is, it may not matter too much, Rique has been a force this season, looks fully locked in. It's an adjustment, we have Freshman who are learning the game, I'm sure they'll get into a rhythm moving forward as well, the 3 point line being pushed back was a great idea in my opinion, but we're just seeing the growing pains of it to start out with. I hope Naji and Scruggs start hitting at a higher rate, if that happens, we'll be a pretty damn tough out because the defense looks improved, and we definitely have talent and depth this year.

Florida, in the Charleston Tournament and ranked #6, lost by twelve to unranked Fl State today on Florida's court. Both teams were very sloppy so hard to tell whether anything can be presumed by this loss. But Florida only scored 51 points. As a side note, three point shooting seemed not to be too good and reinforces the concept that percentages from three point are down this year because of the extended three point line.

And we think X is not that great.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Florida, in the Charleston Tournament and ranked #6, lost by twelve to unranked Fl State today on Florida's court. Both teams were very sloppy so hard to tell whether anything can be presumed by this loss. But Florida only scored 51 points. As a side note, three point shooting seemed not to be too good and reinforces the concept that percentages from three point are down this year because of the extended three point line.

Florida didn't look good. I never bought into them being a top ten team. Frankly, the hype never made a lot of sense. Kerry Blackshear was getting way too much credit

One would normally expect the team to take much longer to jell with so many new players. Of course, having the core four helps. But the many new players already seem to be making a good showing. We'll see about KyKy, but already we are getting a pretty good idea of what we have and the potential as the season wears on. And with the depth, hitting the freshman wall should be less likely. Of course, we need to see what they look like against real competition. I would not be surprised by some early struggles against better teams, but as the season wears on into BE play, I expect big things from this team.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post

Florida went 4 for 22 from deep (18%.) Florida State was 5 for 17, so the two teams shot a combined 9 for 39 (23%.) Get used to it for awhile.
    It's winning time.

HOT TAKE: The Xavier offense is better when getting the ball to Tyrique for dunks rather than brick jump shots.

I thought Robert DeNiro killed the Siena coach in Goodfellas. A lot of vowels happening there.

Even Sideshow Bob got into the game!

I heart 7 assist Naji. I do not heart 1 for 7 Naji.

I'll be honest, fellas, it was looking great, but......I could've used a little more Bryce Moore.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    HOT TAKE: The Xavier offense is better when getting the ball to Tyrique for dunks rather than brick jump shots.

I thought Robert DeNiro killed the Siena coach in Goodfellas. A lot of vowels happening there.

Even Sideshow Bob got into the game!

I heart 7 assist Naji. I do not heart 1 for 7 Naji.

I'll be honest, fellas, it was looking great, but......I could've used a little more Bryce Moore.
    Moore is going to be hard to keep off the floor with how well he defends. I hope we see him in the starting lineup tomorrow night.