Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Game Thread: Xavier v. Siena (November 8, 2019) Non-Conference

Xavier University Musketeers (1-0,0-0) vs. Siena Saints (1-0,0-0)
    Friday, November 8, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
    Cintas Center, Cincinnati

Live Chat (TBD)

Television: FSN

Xavier Radio:
    Xavier Gameday App (available in your phone's app store)
    55KRC-AM, including via iHeart Radio, TuneIn and via Sirius (134), XM (202) and Internet (965) with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman ('79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin ('88).

Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com. Fan stats at GoXavier.com.

______

Xavier Defeated Jacksonville to improve to 1-0 on the season. (Link)
    Siena Defeated American University to start the season 1-0. (Link)

Siena Media:
    Times Union:
    Defensive Minded Xavier Awaits Sienna (Link)
    Sienna Athletics Homepage (Link)
    Sienna on Twitter (Link)

PUBLIC PARKING LOTS
    There will now be a $10 charge per game for all public parking lots in University Station, near Listermann's Brewery, and off Woodburn Ave. behind Alumni Center. These lots will accept cash only. For the location of these public lots, please view the
    Parking Map here. (PDF)
    Public lots are dark gray and marked with a 'P.'

SMOKE FREE CAMPUS
    As of July 1, 2019, the use of any tobacco product and/or nicotine delivery system in any form, excluding FDA approved cessation medications, is prohibited in all Xavier University facilities and on all Xavier University owned or leased property, including Cintas Center. As a result, fans will no longer be allowed to smoke outside on the plaza before, during and after games.

SHUTTLE ROUTES
    Due to construction taking place at University Station that will prevent traffic passing through the parking lot between the HUB and University Station, the golf cart shuttle routes have been adjusted for the upcoming season. Fans are encouraged to review the shuttle map
    online here (PDF)
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    why is Siena spelled with two Ns all over this haha

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    why is Siena spelled with two Ns all over this haha
    Apparently the plugin spell check for this site thinks it has two N's. I think I fixed them all.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

X -20

Siena’s non-conference schedule is interesting:

Xavier
    Harvard
    Yale
    Colgate
    Cal Poly
    Bucknell

Those were the exact schools that offered me full ride academic scholarships when I was in high school!

Sophomore
    Good grief - Scruggs suffered a knee injury on Tue. Anyone know anything about this? Questionable tonight: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...na/2528554001/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    Siena’s non-conference schedule is interesting:

Xavier
    Harvard
    Yale
    Colgate
    Cal Poly
    Bucknell

Those were the exact schools that offered me full ride academic scholarships when I was in high school!
    Here is my list of the top 10 colleges that offered me a full ride academic scholarship when I was in high school: #1 Not recorded, #2 Not recorded, #3 Not recorded, Etc. Etc. Etc, Etc, Etc, Etc, Etc. Despite that I earned Second Honors at St. X H.S. in Cincinnati (and was damned lucky to eke that out)!