Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    i agree. i think some of it is adjusting to the deeper line. he definitely looks uncomfortable from further out.
    Yes. I believe that is part of it. He does not look comfortable at all. Like watching a world renowned French chef trying to serve up some Texas Chili. Just stick to what makes you special.

Supporting Member
    Kyky injured, carter coming back from injury, scruggs injured and still won by almost 20. I'll take it.

Missouri is going to be a real test...I expect x to win but think it will be a tight game whole way thru.

Freshman
    Don't remember the exact details but I'm thinking there was 5 or 6 minutes left in the first half. Q brought the ball down the floor and, without making a pass, pulled up three feet behind the line, early in the shot clock, and launched a 3 (which he of course missed). Travis immediately pulled him. I saw Scruggs walk down the bench and say something to Q...….I'm assuming encouragement. He didn't get back in the first half. I'm trying to recall if Q took any 3 point attempts in the 2nd half.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Don't remember the exact details but I'm thinking there was 5 or 6 minutes left in the first half. Q brought the ball down the floor and, without making a pass, pulled up three feet behind the line, early in the shot clock, and launched a 3 (which he of course missed). Travis immediately pulled him. I saw Scruggs walk down the bench and say something to Q...….I'm assuming encouragement. He didn't get back in the first half. I'm trying to recall if Q took any 3 point attempts in the 2nd half.
    Glad to hear of steeles reaction to this. Annoyed that as a senior, q still makes these boneheaded selfish decisions.

It seems that 99% of what is posted here postgame is about the offense. No doubt that Marshall is not making enough 3 pointers and should probably be taking less of them.

But I’m going to complement the defense. There was only 1-2 times during the whole game where we saw a Siena player shoot a wide open shot. If X keeps playing defense like this they are going to be in every game the whole year, and are going to win the vast majority of them. I’m also encouraged with the depth. Having the depth to play 8-10 players and not have a significant drop off will give X the ability to apply that defensive pressure throughout a whole game and still allow key players to get some rest. Finally, playing good defense, and limiting the points allowed means that X doesn’t have to be perfect on offense in order to win. A refreshing change from some of the recent past teams where the emphasis seemed to be on just out scoring the opposition by playing offense and defense be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Glad to hear of steeles reaction to this. Annoyed that as a senior, q still makes these boneheaded selfish decisions.
    He played 27 minutes, took only two 3 point shots, (made 1), had 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 turnover. Didn’t shoot anything but layups the 2nd half.....real selfish, right?

"He doesn't do anything stupid...." Not exactly a ringing endorsement but I think describes Schrand pretty well. Obviously not in for offense. Only Marshall, Quentin and Bishop logged more minutes. But his Efficiency was -1 (ouch) and Usage was 10.6 (Bishops was 12.5 and Quentin 14.2). He was even guarding Pickett for a time in the second half when he went cold. I only remember one play where I said that was stupid (sorry coach).
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

As far a Naji is concerned, I think (as has been speculated) that as soon as the dust settles and we have our best offensive team on the floor (without any drop off in defense...(presumably, per coaches' early returns) he will not need to shoot so much from the outside because the teams will be less inclined to pack it in.

I wonder how much he thinks he needs to develop an outside shot to be a better BE player of distinction, more than he already is (MVP), and, just perhaps, a better NBA prospect.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

IMHO, this team has enough talent and depth to compete for a BE title. It's Achilles heel is its basketball IQ and making poor decisions at times. Clean that up some, and you will have a really good chance at having a great year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuit4Life View Post
    If you missed the game, there are a few replays scheduled - including Fox Sports Ohio on Saturday at 6:30PM and Sunday at 12AM and 12PM.
    https://goxavier.com/documents/2019/..._at_Xavier.pdf
    Thanks for the info...looked for it, but gave up after noon on Saturday....thinking it would be all live sports at that point. Got it set to record now. THANKS!
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage