Sophomore

I love Big East Basketball but how will I survive this overdose

It is Nov 6 and I have already seen Xavier, Creighton, Villanova, Seton Hall, Butler, Depaul, Georgetown, St Johns and could have seen Providence on Foxsports App. Only Marquette on Foxsports Wisconsin I could not have seen. I am afraid I will overdose on hoops and start babbling about Yurtseven, Pipkins, Nyze and other transfers for the next 4 months and cause people to avoid me. Just kidding but the coverage is a LONG way from when I watched the game of the week on the Mizlou network in the early 70s. There used to be a first game of the year on the Friday after Thanksgiving but that is long gone. One thing I have realized is that I am a closet Sean McDermott fan.

Babble away.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

This has been a great week for basketball so far. It's my favorite time of year outside of March.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Hope springs eternal.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Sophomore
    Haven't found time to watch much but from what I did catch: DePaul is athletic, and skilled, all they need now is composure and maturity. Yurtseven is the real deal, think Stainbrook but more athletic. Creighton gonna shoot a lot, again. Nova has up to 4 NBA players on its roster, but team is still young. Haven't seen the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Haven't found time to watch much but from what I did catch: DePaul is athletic, and skilled, all they need now is composure and maturity. Yurtseven is the real deal, think Stainbrook but more athletic. Creighton gonna shoot a lot, again. Nova has up to 4 NBA players on its roster, but team is still young. Haven't seen the rest.
    This is a pretty good assessment.

And yep, DePaul is way more athletic.

The tallest guy starting on Creighton's roster right now is 6'7" and while they play him in the post, he might be 200 pounds. Other bigs are injured.

I think Baldwin and McDermott for Butler are going to play strong, but there are issues with their depth that's going to hamper them.

Nova is impressive throughout.

Myles Powell is seemingly on the mend. He's been shooting, but wearing a boot. We'll see if he plays MSU on Thursday.

Sophomore
    providence looks very good..Diallo a stud (think a stronger little less mobile Naji) and Pipkins a great pick up. Reeves and Duke as good as Scruggs and Watson as good as Tyrique.
    (NOW I SEE THEY LOST TO NORTHWESTERN WHO LOST TO MERRIMAC(FIRST YR DIV1). WHO KNOS
    Villanova looked uncompetitive vs Ohio State..Small and Gillespie without Booth and Pascal may be exposed
    Marquette comeback over Purdue..McEwen is better than Hausers and others stepped up.
    Agree with the other assessments and I think the winning team may have 5-6 losses. We need to be optimistic but realistic; probably spoiled by the 2018 team (and that team had Kanter dropped in their lap like Yurtseven).
    Will be an entertaining year with frustration from time to time.
    Last edited by whopper; 11-14-2019 at 06:18 AM.

I don't mind frustrations from time to time. With this team the frustration time is game time.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    on fs 2 today from Noon to 10 pm you have Villanova, Providence, St Johns, Creighton and Butler back to back in decent games. With rewind and video editing software, you could run a Big East scouting service from your house. I may record and browse but still 6 weeks from Big East season start